Hi. I had a clavicle fracture, on the location where clavicle and the scapula come together. I thought what happened to me was a shoulder dislocation, but a friend told me it is more likely that was acromioclavicular joint separation. Whatever, it hurts and I can`t stand it. Sometimes I think my broken clavicle will never heal.

Hi. I had a clavicle fracture last year. I fell down on the ground. It took a long time for my clavicle to heal. I am 56 years old. Maybe because of my age all that long healing time was needed. The pain was pretty horrible. I could not sleep without pain killers. Shoulder separation and shoulder dislocation are different things. Shoulder separation means the junction of your clavicle and scapula is disrupted. Shoulder dislocation means your arm bone is displaced. Clavicle fractures can be pretty ugly.