I hurt my shoulder yesterday while I was playing football with my school friends. My doctor told me that I have a clavicle fracture. Now I wear sling but still I feel very strong pain. Please, somebody with this kind of experience tell me how to relief pain from clavicle fracture? Thanks!

The things that help are cold therapy and pain medications. It is recommended that you ice the fractured area for 15-20 minutes every two hours for as long as necessary to decrease the pain and swelling. You can take over-the-counter painkillers such as ibuprofen or naproxyn. You may need painkillers for several weeks, especially to help you sleep.

Hallo,
It is very possible that doctor is right. The pain in your shoulder can easily indicate the fracture at the clavicle bone. Now the thing is that you will have to stop all physical activities until this fracture is completely healed. You can only have more complications is you ignore the clavicle fracture. Do you have any swelling in the shoulder? I know that swelling is often noticed along with sharp pain in the shoulder. You may be in need of the surgery as well, because some cases won’t be able to heal on their own. I hope that this helped in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen

I was told by my doctor's nurse that ibuprofen or naproxyn, such as Advil or Alleve, are not acceptable because they are anti inflamatory and eill hinder bone healing for my broken clavicle. Can you reconcile thid difference of opinion?