I have some problems with my neck. There is a certain tightness and sometimes dull pain there. I have desire to stretch it but I am not sure how to do it. I am afraid to make things even worse. Do you know what the best neck stretch workout is? I appreciate any suggestion.

You are not alone in your suffering, so to speak. Many people carry their stress right in their neck. If you want to loosen up you should do the following: While standing or sitting up straight (you shouldn’t arch your back) you have to let your head fall forward slowly while keeping the neck and shoulders completely relaxed. Then you should slowly roll your head to one side and then let it drop and roll to the other side. Also: While standing up with your back against the wall you should try to press the lower arch of your back and back of your neck to the wall and hold for 20 seconds. Third way to do it is as follows: You have to assume the position as in first exercise. You have to tilt head sideways. Try to hold some 15 seconds on each side. Then you can tilt your head forward and also hold for some 15 seconds. In every exercise the important thing is that you do not overstretch.

Neck stretching is key, and it's also important to strengthen the muscles around your neck to prevent injury.

A tight, sore neck and achy shoulders has become a regular occurrence for many people, especially those with desk jobs who spend most of their time on a computer. The constant strain on the neck, shoulders, upper back and lower back from sitting in the same position all day long is something that is difficult to avoid but with a little work, this strain can be minimized and kept from turning into a full blown pain in the neck.