Hello everyone. I'm avid runner but I also have problem with Plantar Fasciitis since the last year. It started as slight discomfort mostly in the morning and now it's causing very bad, almost unbearable pain in the heels and the ball of my feet. Sometimes the pain is so bad I can't even walk. It hurts even when I'm lying down and my foot doesn't touch floor. I tried several insoles but they didn't help. Anti-inflammatory creams and cold compresses also don't help. This is quite handicap because I can't run because of this. Is there anything else I can do that helps? Can I wrap the compress or pad and then run? Would this make the pain worse after running? I want to run so bad, so I'd appreciate any advice.

Hi. I know how you feel. Here's the advice I got for my Plantar fasciitis problem. Pick proper running shoes. Always run on soft surfaces. Stretch the plantar fascia and Achilles tendon before and after running.

Use a tennis or golf ball to massage your feet, roll it under your foot. Applying ice helps, so you can do similar thing with a frozen bottle roll it under your foot like a ball. Arch support is very important, so walking around barefoot can delay recovery.

If pain lasts for more than two weeks, you should visit podiatrist. There are several treatments such as orthotics, foot taping, cortisone injections and anti-inflammatories that may help and decrease symptoms significantly. Shock-wave therapy is another method butonly if your problem lasts for more than 6 months.

Massage and stretch both feet whenever you have an opportunity. Do it in the morning, and again several times during the day.

To stretch Achilles do the following: Stand with your painful foot behind your healthy one. Point the toes of the back foot toward the heel of the front foot. Lean into a wall. Bend the front knee and keep the back knee straight. While you're doing this heel should be firmly planted on the floor. Hold and count to 10.

To stretch Plantar Fascia do the following: Sit down, and place the painful foot across your knee. Using the hand on your painful side, pull your toes back toward your shin until you feel a stretch in your arch. Run your thumb along your foot. You should feel tension while doing this. Hold and count to 10.

Hope this helps.