This post is an extension of the

~heavy thick pressure uncomfortable feeling in neck-throat!~ thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

I'm researching all of this myself, and I've come across "Eagle's Syndrome". Google it. I has something to do with a calcified ligament or something like that in the throat. It matches my symptoms perfectly. I also have ear pain and fullness in the ears and popping. My jaw also pops out of place from time to time, making a terrible pinching sensation in the TMJ area. It could also be a disorder of the TMJ, as the tiny bones in the jaw also link up to the inner ear. Still on a search, but this info might help others. Good luck! Wishing you all love & light! Traci

This may be a double posting, the first one got lost in cyber space. Anyway, I've recently developed this dry throat, lump in throat, tightening/swelling feeling in my throat too. I also have ear pain. I found something called "Eagle's Syndrome". If you haven't found an answer yet, it might be worth it to Google it. The TMJ bones are also attached to the inner ear bones, which could cause all of these symptoms. Just a thought! I wish you all love and light! Good luck in finding out what ails you!

I am suffering from heaviness in my throat since 2 month.I do not have any difficult in eating or drinking but I feel as if sometime is stuck in my neck throughout the day

Hi I am currently going through this, I might have a fix for you guys, I got this stuff from my grocery store called NATURADE - HERBAL EXPEC. It has Guaifenesin in it and 15 herbs for opening you up in it, I am having so much relief I just had to share with you guys, the choking feeling is gone! I am going to look into anxiety options too because I think that's party whats causing it, I notice I feel heavy anxiety everytime I'm being choked and it can last all day. TRY THE LIQUID IT GAVE ME SO MUCH RELIEF!<3 God Bless

Also get your VITAMIN D levels tested and buy NIVAGEN 50,000 Vitamin D3 (cheap version of prescription strength) I forgot it takes away my anxiety, I'm going to take some now, I tested very low in december and just got my blood drawn today to see if my Vitamin D level actually went up!

I had been experiencing similar symptoms for a couple of weeks and way getting crazy over it. Having found no help from my doctor I then found a couple of websites online suggesting very simple neck exercises to do many times throughout the day and specifically for globus sufferers. I started to do them and over a week the symptoms started to ease and has got better and better to the point that its only 5% there. The most important part is to make sure your shoulders are always down and pushed back as far as you can. No hunched shoulders or it won't work. Then carefully, with mouth closed, ease your neck back as far as it can go, all the time looking up to the ceiling. You should be able to feel yourself stretching your neck. It may make you cough a little. Then roll your head a little to left and right and centre. It probably won't work the first go. you have to do it many times a day over a week or so. The following steps also helped me a lot. 1. Drink plenty of cool fluids. Around two litres (four pints) per day is advisable. 2. Stretch the back of your throat by yawning. Do this as often as you can. 3. Avoid throat clearing as this habit causes more tightness to occur in your throat, does not get rid of the lump sensation, and aggravates the edges of the vocal cords. If you feel that you have some mucus to clear from your throat, do not clear your throat, instead have a drink to wash it away or do a silent huff (a sharp exhalation with the mouth open) and a strong gulp to clear it. 4. Look carefully at your lifestyle to see how you can introduce some more relaxation in to it, just for you to unwind. Take up a relaxing hobby such as yoga, walking, meditation, or tai chi. Allocate a specific time just for you to read, listen to music, or do something creative. Be prepared to delegate work and/or responsibility to others. Look at symptoms and see when they become worse - is there a pattern of tension relating to a certain time of day and/or situation that you could address? 5. Try these specific exercises to stretch and relax the muscles of the head, neck, and shoulders: • Sit tall and let your shoulders and arms hang comfortably. • Do not let your head poke forwards or loll backwards. • Lift your shoulders to your ears - hold them to the count of six then drop them, repeat three times. • Look over your left shoulder, hold it, then look over your right shoulder. Repeat this sequence three times. • Tilt your head down to your left shoulder, hold it for the count of three, then tilt it to the right shoulder. Repeat this sequence three times. • Drop your head down onto your chest and very slowly and gently roll your head up to one shoulder, open your mouth as you roll it round to the other shoulder, and slowly back down onto your chest. Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly raise your head. Repeat this exercise going round in the other direction. • Screw up your face and hands as tightly as you can - hold it for six seconds, then relax. Doing these exercises to slow quiet music is helpful. Also, I have shifted to a completely alkaline diet. I feel I have recovered up to a great extent already and hope it will go away completely.