After having had lots of treatment done on my molars, and now being absolutely sure that there is no more dental decay or any other dental or gum disease around. So now my dentist finally said that I must have atypical odontalgia. Is there any treatment for this that you know of? If you have had atypical odontalgia as well, how did you cure it?

Hallo,
Atypical odontalgia is atypical facial pain in apparently normal teeth. The main problem here that you can not find anything to be wrong with the teeth but the pain is there and it is complicating your life. It is very hard to treat this condition because you are not able to set the right diagnosis of the problem. You can try to use various medications and treatment but none of them will help you. The best option for you would be to use painkillers and sedatives which will help in reducing the pain in your teeth. Also you can try to use antidepressants to treat the Atypical odontalgia, because they can help sometimes.

Good luck,

Karel

Have you had any success in treating your pain since you posted.  I have had AO since a crown prep in March.  Now in all molars and causing an eye twitch.  Taking ametriptaline and not helping much.