I suffer from diabetes fore more than 12 years now and now I think I am going blind from diabetes. The thing is that I’m diagnosed with nonproliferative retinopatathy and am loosing my vision. I can’t see clear and am really concerned over this. I’d like to hear something about retinopathy treatment and could it help me not to get blind from diabetes.

Sure it could help you but important is to react as early as possibly for behaving like that the treatment results would be more effective. I personally had eye surgery called vitrectomy which is usually performed in most severe cases when the blood vessels are much damaged and that was my case. My blood vessels were so damaged that weren’t t able anymore to keep the fluids off leaking into my eyes and all of this was caused by high sugar levels I was living with for more than a decade. But fortunately in my case the vitrectomy was successful – surgeon ha removed scar tissue and that cloudy fluid from the inner part of my eye. I still have this cloudy vision but ay least I’m not blind. There’s also another retinopathy treatment which may help a lot not to get blind from diabetes. It is called photocoagulation where the retina burns are performed with laser and these burns are to seal the blood vessels in order avoid their further growing and leaking. You might have scatter or focal photocoagulation and it depends on how severe your retina is damaged. Anyway both type of photocoagulation are usually successful with a little chances of having some side effects such as loss of side or peripheral vision.