so I'm 14. I'm around 5'5 and 135-140 pounds. I want to loose wieght by summer so I can look great! I used to try loosing weight the un-healthy way - I would just stop eating. I was so unhappy with my size, that I would not eat breakfast or lunch. Oh it would work alright, but once it came to weekend time, I would crash and burn. All the temptations there when I haven't been eating alot got to me and I would gain it all back in those miserable two days.
Only know I am motivated to loose it the right way and keep it off. Yesterday in my gym class an instructor came in and showed us Zumba. Zumba is a Latin inspired dance workout which I absolutely loved. Its great, you just dance and have fun! But it is a workout, only you don't even notice! Once one of the dances end and you stop shaking your booty, you realize that your sweating like a beast! For the first time ever, I'm working out an enjoying it. Oh Zumba, your changing my life.
ANYWHO, as for the food part, I'm going to cut waaaaay down on the carbs. Mmmm carbs, my favourite. And I'm going to eat alot less sweets. But I will treat myself a little bit.
I'm determinend and motivated. I will loose this weight.

I'm so glad I saw your post - finally someone, especially someone your age, who is thinking about the long term benefits. You saw yourself - there is no successful quick way that will have any long term effect, not to mention all the damage to the health that you get by simply starving yourself. So, thumbs up for the smart decision and maybe you can keep us posted on how are you doing. Wish you nothing but success!