It is almost summertime. You know what that means-swimming suit season! Are you prepared? If you are anything like me, then you are probably not. You’ve probably still got a few of your winter insulation pounds huddled somewhere around your middle. Do not worry, though. It’s not too late to lose a few pounds before hitting the pool.

Eat slowly

Do not eat so fast. A recent article authored by the Journal of the American Dietetic Association says researchers in Brand new Zealand “looked at the relationship 2,500 women had between their self-reported speeds of eating and their body mass indexes.” The study found the faster the women ate, the higher the women’s body mass indexes were apt to be. The best eating environment is one without distractions. If you watch TV or read while you eat, you’re more likely to eat mindlessly even after you are no longer hungry.

Eating more often

Limiting to just three meals a day isn’t necessarily healthy. Lauren Antonucci, M.S., owner of Nutrition Energy in New York City says, “eating more often keeps your metabolism humming, and prevents you from getting super hungry.” But your snacks should be healthy-stick to fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. And stay from packaged or junk foods.

Use food rewards sensibly

Just because you work out doesn’t mean you get to eat more. Set a limit on the calories you plan on rewarding yourself with before you work out. Nutrition expert Nisevich Bede suggests, “A secure number is 200 reward calories, and if you went for a really, really long workout, 400 calories.” Some good options for these reward calories contain high-quality dark chocolate and low-fat ice cream.

Do some fun ZumbaZumba is really fun because you are dancing and working out at the same time. Please don't give me the "I can't dance mess" if you REALLY want to loose the weight you are carrying around you WILL do whatever it takes to make what you don't want go away. I give the same advise to everyone who wants to loose weight fast, fun, and easy! 

I also like riding my bike!