Hello i am 13 years old i am 285lb i strugle with loosing weight my hole family is over weight i want to loose weight to feel comfterable in my body i dont like how i look i want to be healthy and fit what can i do to loose weight like specific food etc workouts i have started insanity workout and i am geting good results i lost 5 pounds so far i want to be 160lb i know it will take time but i want to get there. i wake up at 6am for school fo i walk 0.5 miles to school i skip breakfeast and lunch and at 6pm i have my first meal usally chips i know i need to stop that is it bad to skip meals through out the day not that i want to i just dont have time. Well thanks for hearing me out now give your advice and comments thanks:-|

A good normal way to loose weight, is to try to eat foods that are healthier to get your body back to the levels of nutrients its needs, drink a lot of water, less your portion intake a little every week training your body to intake less amounts of food, and healthier options. You'll gradually end up getting ull faster and not have to eat more then you did before.To exercise, you can simply get a good active hobby, like dance or some sport you seem to enjoy to keep your body moving and exercised. But NEVER starve yourself , because that only makes your body weak and isn't healthy at all ! Just try being as active and healthy , your 13 so don't try anything too serious to loose weight, once puberty starts changing you and you have these good eating and healthy habits, im sure you'll loose quit the amount of weight you want ! :) Enjoy your body, nobody should tell how much you should weight. Keep your head up beautiful ! I hope this works (: Wont be the fastest results, but its the most natural and everyday easy routine to do :)

I professionally agree with the post above. My husband was struggling with borderline obesity, I changed his diet, progressively intense excersice, and giving your body rest. All these things are key to provide the muscles the time to burn up the fats that are causing you to be over weight.

Good Luck,
Dr. Matousek MD
Board Certified Bariatrician Chicago Illinois

A safe rate to lose weight is 1 - 2 pounds a week. If you do more by not eating or over exercising, you're in jeopardy of causing long-term damage to your body, not to mention screwing up your metabolism (been there, done that).

Just eat healthy foods in smaller portions and exercise.

Well first, walking in the morning to school is good. Any type of walking is good. Do not ever skip breakfast though. Thats the worst thing you can probably do. If you make yourself a peanut butter sandwich or apple or something healthy that you can eat quickly is a lot better than not eating at all. Eat small healthy portions at least four to six times a day. Cottage cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, fruits, vegetables, fish, salads, nuts; etc. Cut out soda completely. Drink water as much as you can. If you don't like exercising too much, you can walk for 30-45mins a day or you can do 40-50 squats a day. The most important thing is never give up. :)