Hi, I am in my mid 50's and my skin is already getting thin as by old people. How can I prevent progressive skin degradation. I use cosmetic day and night creams for dry skin, bur without much success.

Hi, my of as senior citizens are familiar with the crow’s-feet around eyes and the subtle skin folds along neck. But these are all signs that, like the rest of your physical body, skin is also becoming more fragile than when you were young. Skin becomes in years drier and more wrinkled, losing it’s capabilities of healing, so it takes more time to repair a scar than when you were young. It is a medical fact that skin gets thinner as you grow old. The top two layers of the skin, the epidermis and dermis, don’t have blood supply as earlier because they contain fewer blood vessels. External factors like sun, to which you are exposed during lifetime contribute to degradation of skin by breaking down capillaries, forming wrinkles and additionally drying skin.

i am 26 and my skin is slowly getting more and more thin and translucent. its effecting my legs and arms the most. i notice that when im in hot weather, it is a lot better than when i get cold. you can see my vains, but the worst part is that it gets really red in some places and white in others. its so blotchy, and you can see my vains clearly. im getting so insecure about it that i wont wear clothes that dont cover my legs and the top half of my arms. i know it sounds crazy but is there anything out there that can some how thicken your skin??? please help!

The same thing seems to be happening to me, and i think it is due to lack of essential nutrients. There are a lot of nutrients - vitamins and minerals and antioxidants - needed to maintain skin integrity and health. Make sure you are eating enough and avoid processed foods.

please make sure your blood is not getting thick. I m in my 50's now and my skin also did that at a young age, not knowing I had a problem. I am now in my 50's and have found out that I was not getting the oxygen my body needed at night since I don't know when My skin is very thin and I have had to have several phlybodomies (give my blood) due to lack of oxygen from my sleep. I am now on oxygen at night and found my CBC count is moving down (so happy) because by body does not like donating blood, I pass out. I have also had 2 mini strokes due to this problem and that was never diagnosed on this

would also like to inform that I have what they call PV but not from jak2. I hope you can find out what your reasons are, as for me I am finally getting the help I have needed :)