My girlfriend and I did a little bit of experimenting with cocaine and when we found out she was pregnant, she was already 6 weeks pregnant. She has very irregular periods and I was usually careful with pulling out on time. Obviously, it wasn’t good enough. I am interested in what affects can cocaine have on fetus. We stopped right away as soon as we realized she was pregnant. thx

If cocaine has been taken in pregnancy, it means that the baby hasn’t been receiving nutrients and oxygen needed for her growth because cocaine restricts blood vessels and unables or restricts blood flow and decreases the ability of waste discharge from the body. This could mean that the baby’s cognitive development may be affected but there are also chances of premature labor or even miscarriage. It would be best if you talked to the doctor who will be taking care of your girlfriend during pregnancy and see what would be best thing to do. Good luck!