What are the important facts about nutrition for a cyclist? I plan to take it up seriously and I want to know something about kinds of food I’m supposed to eat. Since cycling is a very demanding sport, I believe that I can eat almost anything I want and that all calories will be burned during training. How about sweets ad fast food? Am I allowed to eat it sometimes?

You are allowed to eat everything you want because nobody can forbid you to, but in my opinion, since you’re already serious about cycling raining, you should do everything properly, meaning that there’s no need to eat unhealthy junk food and sweets only because the chances to get fat are smaller. Thus I still advise you to stay away from fast food vendors and sweet shops. But this doesn’t mean that your diet will be not delicious. You can eat pasta because cyclists need lots of carbohydrates and pasta is great source for that. Then, bananas, oranges and apples are a must. You can eat various meats but it’s best to stick to grilled chicken or turkey. Vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots and similar, are also important part of your diet. . Sports gels that provide energy and isotonic drinks should be taken during training.

Alkalinity, alkalinity, alkalinity. The key to cycling is having long lasting energy. To get that, you have to convert food into energy. And the best way to do that? Lots of oxygen in your blood. Oxygen is the key ingredient to turning carbs into energy your cells can use.

And what boosts O2 levels? Higher pH levels.

Certain foods, like meats, proteins, grains, dairy, and junk foods leave acid residue in your body. Other foods, like veggies and fruits leave alkaline nutrients in your body.

The more veggies and fruits you consume while minimizing the acid producing foods will help boost your blood's pH levels. That means more Oxygen, more energy for your cells, and a lot easier time pedaling up those hills!

If veggies are difficult to get on a daily basis, try something like Barley Grass Juice Powder to boost your alkaline intake. Barley Grass is a complete food. It contains all the enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body requires to live a healthy life. Look for a barley powder thats freeze dried to preserve the enzymes, 100% pure barley juice, and harvested from young barley plants (they're higher in nutrients when young).

Just adding this to your diet will give your muscles the nutrients to recover and your blood the oxygen it needs to keep you going.

Best of luck!

wow good helpful information. it's not just for cyclist but for all sports lovers
or people who is seeking more oxygen in their body!

i believe cyclists eat 'plenty' bananas - they are quick and healthy source of 'good' energy (comparing to sweets). sweets will instantly boost your energy level, but sugar is not 'good' energy - it will drain you out ...