Hi, I have a very strange problem. Whenever I go swimming it occurs. The moment I go out of the water, I get skin discoloration. I can describe it as bluish discoloration. I did not have this condition before. Because of that I have no idea what is wrong with me. Perhaps you can tell me the background of the skin discoloration that I have.

Hi, it is hard to tell with so little information that you wrote what is going on with you. My guess is that you have Cyanosis. It is defined as bluish discoloration of the skin. Skin color is in direct influence of pigments in it and the blood that flows through it. Blood needs to be saturated with oxygen. In this case it is bright red. If there is insufficient amount of oxygen, the blood is dark red. This produces bluish discoloration of the skin-Cyanosis. Lack of oxygen, abnormal hemoglobin and toxins like cyanide, all produce Cyanosis. Since this condition appears when you go swimming, I should mention that this kind of skin discoloration is also present when exposure to cold water occurs. You should see a doctor just to be certain that there is not any serious medical background that causes your skin discoloration.