Hi there. My good friend suffers from severe anxiety & panic attacks for some years now. I am always ready to help her, to be supportive and to try to understand her position. However, I am deeply concerned about the therapy they hold her on… I mean, she’s on some drugs, and she feels more or less ok, but now they’ve switched her to different drug – and even if there are still no real effects of the new one she is more anxious because of this change. Any advice on how to help her, anyone?

How did she develop anxiety & panic? Is she suffering withdrawal symptoms? My husband’s been on drugs for more then ten years, taking sometimes even 4 a day (for two years he’s taking only 2). But now he’s prescribed escitalopram, and maybe feels something like your friend – he’s constantly complaining on belly pain and severe anxiety & panic attacks, and he’s suffering all the symptoms you can imagine! The worst thing is that doctors don’t believe it has something to do with this switching of drugs, but I am sure it does. These drugs are short-time effective, but are seriously addictive, and they know that. I just wish you good luck with this!