Hi, I am a 23 year old female. Here are my symptoms.

When lying on my back, if I barely touch my abdomen next to my naval I can feel an EXTREMELY stong pulsing (in sync with my heartbeat.) I know my aorta is there but I had never noticed the pulsing being that strong before, especially when at rest. I typically have low blood pressure and slow pulse (55-60 bpm). I went to the cardiologist, and when he examined my aorta and pushed down on it, the pain was excruciating but he passed it off as being "gastrointestinal" pain. Recently I have been experiencing very bad aching pain in my mid to lower back.

I went the gastrointestinal route and found that I have GERD, but this is unlikely causing the pulsing in my stomach to have become worse. Could this be an AAA? I am young and have never had high cholesterol and do not smoke, but I know this can happen in anyone. All my doctors have denied that it is an AAA but I am skeptical. One more fact: I had a CT scan in February, and the doctors reported no aneurysm in my abdominal aorta. However, my symptoms are only becoming worse and I am worried that it is rapidly growing.

Please give me any advice you may have...I am thinking about going to another cardiologist for a second opinion.

Hey did you ever find out what it was? I'm in the same situation right now