Hello people. I have one huge problem in my life and I really hope that you guys can help me deal with it. Anyway, my biggest problem is next - I can't focus on anything in my life when I am emotionally disturbed because of an anxiety.

I was diagnosed with anxiety three years ago and it was OK for a long time. But last couple of months I am having really hard time dealing with it. I just can't focus on anything, and I don't know what to do because it is destroying me emotionally. My BF knows that I am having this problem, but I don't know for how long he will be able to deal with it. 

Hello there. I am just wondering have you seen your doctor about this issue or you went to see him just when you were diagnosed with anxiety?

It is very important to see your doctor about this issue. Anxiety can really mess up with your life. When we are sad, depressed - that is quite normal to feel this way.  Are you using any antidepressants because of this? Do you go to the regular therapies? Whatever you do, you need to remember one thing - you need to accept this and you need to learn to live with it...That will help you a lot, I am sure. 

I don't know what to tell you, because learning to deal with anxiety can last a little bit longer than you have expected. I am telling you this from my own experience.

Look, it really depends on the impact your emotions have on your ability to function normally in life. Some of us learn to live with it, while some just can't deal with the fact that they have some problems. If you experience some strong emotions, that will make it difficult to concentrate. Because of this, you  can start to have some traumatic experiences that could be the cause of such emotions, 

But you need to learn to control it and not let it to have a huge impact on your life.  

The problem is because sometimes I can't focus on things that are important to me and I get upset for some trivial things. Maybe I can't accept it or learn how to deal with it because I am too young to understand it (I am 21 years old). It all started when I was younger and that was the first time when I went to see my doctor. He told me about this diagnose and after that, in those three years I went to see him about four or five times. I know, I should not do this but I just sometimes can't see a sense to visit him. When I was there for the first time, he gave me some pills, but I never took it...

Why didn't you take the pills? If the doctor recommended you to take some pills then you should have taken them, he knows what he is doing.

It is a just a common sign of anxiety, being unable to focus on anything. All the people suffering from anxiety had to go through this and they had to learn how to cope with this. There are a few techniques which could help you with this but you have to look these up on the internet. They are slightly different but they strive towards the same thing so you can choose any of these.

I have one question for you Pretty Me, did you visit your doctor or did you visit a psychologist? Because usually psychologist is the one to diagnose someone with anxiety, not a doctor. Also, psychologist is the one supposed to treat this so I would guess that you were visiting a psychologist rather than an ordinary doctor.

I don't know what to tell you, I think that overthinking is your main problem. There are also techniques which can help you to stop overthinking, I am having the same problem with this but I can't really help it even though I have tried these techniques. 

I'm dealing with the exact same problem and I am starting to go crazy. I am studying medicine at college and because of my anxiety I am having a really hard time focusing on studying and remembering things. For example, when I was completely okay, it took me about 2 hours to learn something that I need one day to learn now. I didn't try using any medications but I think that I want to use them now if they are going to help me, maybe there is someone here who could actually suggest me some, what pills did your doctor tell you to use, Pretty Me?

I had trouble with this when I was third year of college (that was 3 years ago). I remember talking to my grandma back then while she was still alive, I told her about my problems and how I cannot focus and she told me that she was going to give me something the next day and that this thing will help me. I went to see her the next day and she gave me some tea and told me to drink it two times a day. I didn't really believe that this tea was going to help me out but it really did!!