Hi everyone. I need help as soon as possible. I got married three days ago and now I am on honey moon with my husband. We are at the Maldives and we are having a great time. Actually, we had great time, now I am the problem. I told my husband that I have changed since my dad died and that sometimes I am not in the mood for something, but the true is that I have anxiety disorder and I haven't told this to him. My mistake. Now, I have a huge problem because I lied.  I am experiencing Anxiety and Panic Attacks right now, and generally this happens to me every time when on Holidays. I was sure that this is going to change, but no...What to do?

Hey there. First, congratulations on your marriage. I hope that you two are going to be very happy together. Next thing that I really need to tell you is that you should tell him this. Maybe it is not that dangerous as you believe, maybe you are just being anxious because you don't like changing of environment, right? That is a classical travel anxiety. Look, travel anxiety is such a complex issue that some people have the anxiety without even realizing it sometimes, but that is not your case. You are aware of it, but I think that you didn't know that you are dealing with this type of anxiety.  Have you ever consulted to someone about this?  

Hey Hannah, First, than you :) I really hope that my marriage is going to be good and successful as well. I never was thinking about this, at this way, that I have travel anxiety. Generally, I am not feeling bad when I am at my home, I think that I don't have any anxiety. At least, I can't remember. So, that means that this is nothing THAT dangerous, right? I should consult someone or I should just tell my dear hubby what am I dealing with? Thank you for the answer and for giving me support, I think that you know what is it feels like to have anxiety, right?

I think that you should tell your husband about this, because I think that it is very important for him to know this. Anyway, after you tell him what you are dealing with, you should go and see your doctor, just to be sure are there some pills that can help you be "normal" when you are traveling.

Yes, it is travel anxiety that you are dealing with. But you should find a way to fight it and you should not let anxiety stops you from traveling.

One of the ways to control or stop your anxiety is to remind your self on the daily basis that you want to travel a lot. It works. 

He is your husband, you shouldn't really have any secrets with him, especially not this kind of secret. Anxiety is something that you need to fight and who can be a better person to stand by your side other than your husband.

I think that all of this holiday anxiety comes from overthinking. Think about it and tell me if you agree. There are ways to stop yourself from overthinking like exercising, doing yoga, and meditating. These are my three favorite things, to be hones with you. Running every morning can make you a happier person and meditation and yoga make you calmer and more aware of the world surrounding you.

First of all, your husband needs to know. He should have known before you got married, so it will be normal if he gets angry or upset with you. Secondly, you can try and talk to a psychologist about this, that is what all the people who are suffering from anxiety, depression, or panic attacks should do, however, if you don't want to do that, then you should analyze your situation, analyze what makes you anxious and what exactly causes your panic attacks and then it's time to work on it. It isn't easy to fight this like this, without a psychologist, but it is doable.

I see. There are a lot of people out there suffering from the same thing as you, Guest. I am not a psychologist, but I guess that you get scared when you go on a holiday. When you are back in your city, you know how to do things, you know where you are, where everything is, it is safe, you know. But when you go away, on a holiday or a trip, everything is new, you become nervous because of might happen and I don't know what. I think that you should talk to someone about it, seek help, it will do you good.

This is a hard thing to fight against and it can really take a long time for you to overcome this, but you can't do it on your own and if you don't tell your husband, he is going to figure out that something is wrong sooner or later. Now, you don't want him to make wrong conclusions once he sees that something is wrong, since he can think that you are having an affair or you have fallen out of love or something. So it is for the best to tell him so that he can be support for you as well.

This can be really hard to handle. I was talking right now with my cousin Bryan. He also has this problem but especially when he needs to return to his parents house for Christmas holidays or when he needs to go to his sister's house, because they are not in the good relations. So whenever he needs to go there, he has huge anxiety, panic and he doesn't know what to do with himself. He tried to consult someone who is an expert and they did help him, but not as much as he wanted. He still has this kind of problem...