Hello friends.

I was trying to learn as much as I can about anxiety but whenever I think that I do know almost everything, something happens and that thing changes my mind. Well, now I am very curious about one thing.

I was wondering do you know why anxiety wakes you up at night? It happened to me so many times but I never tried to figure out what is going on.

Also, I really want to know how to reclaim your rest?

I believe that someone in here has experience with it, so I was hoping that you can help me fight it. 

Hey Rafferty,

I think that our subconscious mind is to blame for this. 

You see, anxiety can be triggered at any time, there are no specific rules there. Whether you are outside enjoying life, spending quality time with your friend, having the best time of your life, anxiety can trigger even during all these happy moments. Just like when you are awake, anxiety can trigger as well when you are asleep. That makes you to wake up feeling all stressed out because of something and you are most likely going to be unable to fall asleep again. This is one of the big concerns of people suffering from anxiety.

Hi there. That is common, very common. Almost everyone who is dealing with anxiety is having problems of that kind. So, basically you are not the only one who is dealing with it. You need to find out how to deal with it in the best possible way, so if this means that you need to ask your doctor for help, you should definitely. This is the way that your body can kick the stress that you are dealing with, some anxiety that you are dealing with, without any warning. Usually, this happens during the night. You can do certain things - for example, don't watch TV before you go to sleep. That can cause more stress to you. Drink tea, chamomile tea is good. I think that it can relax you.

Yes, I think that my mind is struggling with something, but I don't know what to do about it.I know that whenever I go to bed and if I can't sleep, I start to think about some things which I can't control and change. Maybe this is the reacting, why I am waking up like this and having those stressful moments of anxiety. 

I am not watching TV when I wake up, and rarely I watch it when I am going to sleep. If I watch it, I watch something that can relax me. I will try to relax with chamomile tea.

Hello there guys. It depends on how friendly you are with people who are around you. You need to understand that the relative isolation, quiet, and absence of distractions are probably the most important factors in here as well, so you need to try to get rid of it as well... During the day when dark is not there, we can use a variety of strategies to modulate these concerns, including taking direct action to address them. On the other hand, lying in bed in a dark room, they become overwhelming and inescapable. That is why some people are anxious in the dark as well. 

Anxiety doesn't choose when to attack you, you know. It just happens, so it's more or less normal that you are having trouble sleeping since you are suffering from anxiety. Most of the people suffering from anxiety have this problem as well and they usually don't know what to do about it.

You need to treat your anxiety during daytime. There are some things that you can do during the night as well but the main part is treating it during daylight. If you are getting to be okay during the day, you are going to be okay during the night as well.

This is hard to be fought on your own. If you are suffering from anxiety and you aren't getting enough sleep because of it, I would suggest seeing a psychologist and talking to him about this.

You can try and fight this on your own but it is very hard and since sleep is very important, if you fail, you are going to be in a lot of trouble, you might start hallucinating and start falling asleep on random places without even realizing it.

So my advice would be for you to talk to a psychologist, they know about these things the best.

Hello.

I have experience with nightmares, with waking up at night as well. This experience is really ugly and I hope that this won't happen to me again. I was not able to fell asleep again and next day or next morning, I was not able to do anything - at my job and in my life generally. 

But I found some tips and so far they are very successful.

You should try to drink some tea, because it is going to help you relax your muscles and because of this you will sleep much better. Keep your thought positive as well.  That is the best cure. 

Hi everyone. I think that you can't never tell when anxiety can attack you. It can attack you at any part of the day and you can't control it. But it is true that some people admit that anxiety usually attacks them during the night and that they are waking up constantly, but that they can't go back to sleep again. It happens to them all the time.
In that case, it is important to know that you need to try to calm down a little bit and try to think positively all the time. Listening to some relaxing music is also a good thing that you can do. But you can't just focus on treating your anxiety at night - you should really find a way to cure it on the daily basis.

Hey Rafferty,

I've heard as well that tea can be of help in these kind of situations. I did not remember well what tea it was, I think it was chamomile tea, but I'm not sure, you can check this one out somehow.

I don't know why anxiety tends to wake people up at night and it maybe doesn't matter, you should focus on how to stop that in order to reclaim your rest. I honestly think that the best thing for you to do would be to go and talk to a psychologist. It's probably the best solution there is.