Good day folks. A couple of days ago, I caught myself to be depressed very often and I think that I don't have any adequate reason for it. My life is going in a pretty normal way, I have nice family, friends. Well, I don't have a boyfriend and I am not married and I am 38 years old. Maybe I have this small depression because of it. I don't know. But because of this depression I am not able to focus my mind and I think that I have too many thoughts as well.

Anyone with similar problem? How to deal with it?

Hello there.

This is classical lack of focus. That is just one of the signs of the depression. You say that you don't have a reason to be depressed, but it looks like that you have it. You are handling very hard with the situation that you are still alone and that you don't have a boyfriend or husband. That is normal. Because of that, everything is going across your mind and you can't concentrate on anything. Look, at first this can be OK and it shouldn't be a big deal, but very soon it can become serious problem. My advice is to find someone who is an expert and talk to him.

this is a typical case of inner depression where there could be a chemical inbalance of the brain and it has nothing to do with not having a boyfriend or marriage and with this type of depression there is no reason to get depress .i would say to see your md and get some labs to see if there is nothing physcial to worry about. where as the exterior depression is when you lose a love one, lost your job , your boyfriend left you ,ect ect .this does not seam to be your case .do you chose not to have a boyfriend?or because of trouble realatioships in the past?

A lot of people are dealing with thinking too much nowadays. It often ends up with them falling into depressed state because thinking too much can never be good for you.

If you want an advice, I would recommend taking some yoga classes and starting to meditate. Meditation is my favorite, to be honest. I had some trouble with my own thoughts at some period of my life but I have to tell you that meditation helped me (I never tried yoga really). It teaches you how to remain calm in stressful situations and how to control your thoughts instead of them controlling you.

Meditation is indeed a good idea for people who are suffering from thinking too much. There is a saying that goes something like "You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes every day - unless you are too busy; then you should sit for an hour". I just love how meditation makes me feel.

I don't know if anything else can help you. Some people are just born like that, overthinking everything and they don't think that they can change that. Well, they can, you can change every single thing about you, but it will take time and it won't be easy.

Good day folks. Ok, what this inner depression really means? Is this something dangerous, something that is not treatable? I have tried the meditation but it didn't work for me, in my case. I am not sure that anything can help me since I have talked to my doctor and a lot of different doctors and nothing couldn't help me. What about pills? Are they the solution or not? I always try to be calm in some situations, but I just can't and I don't have idea why this is happening. Maybe I need to go somewhere to learn this?
Let me know more things that you do know about this...

Hey gust. It is not a bad thing to talk to more experts because it is a big possibility that one of them cannot find the best cure for you. And if the medicines are the cure, why not? I think that I have mentioned a thousand of times that it is not a bad thing to take medicines if they are helpful. Maybe they will carry away all those wishful thoughts. But you also need to help yourself, to find the best way and to concentrate to something else. Find some interesting game for example, that is going to be a fun for you.

Good luck. 

hello guest first all what type of doctor have you seen and what kind of medications have you tried ?with out knowing this or answering question i would have to guess at my opinons . depression is treatable. inner depresion is what i said a chemical in balance of the brain in other words something is not working right up there and you feel depress for no reason .sometimes you have to try different medication before you can find one that suits your needs .as far as being dangerous it depend on the individual and how bad it is .you know yourself better than anybody else so i think you can answer that question yourself .sometimes depression overpower us to a point where we have to look for help and if it means to look for differnent doctors and different medication then so be it .it looks to me that you have trouble opening up to people or you have trouble expressing your self. this is the first step you have to do .opening up to your doctors is very important dont hold back anything with this in mind and takeing the first step it will be the begining of healing hopes this helps .......god bless

Hi everyone,

I was actually talking to a friend of mine today and he told me that he had the same trouble with depression as you and it kept going on like that for a whole year. At some point he said "enough", and started to see a psychologist. However, he told me that this psychologist only made him feel more depressed so not really all psychologists are good, you know. He stopped seeing him and he started to bring himself out of this step by step, small moves forward. It took him a while but today his depression is far behind him.

Well, I got out of my depression all on my own and it was by limiting my work hours, walking every day, whatever the weather is, getting a dog, and meditating. All of these things together really helped me.

I limited my work on 6 hours a day. I walked every day for not less than one hour. I got a dog so I had a responsibility, a living being to look after, and he is really my best friend. Meditation helped me to learn that I can actually control my thoughts so that I can think of what I want, without thoughts overwhelming my brain.