Help me, please, I am so afraid that my child will have problems because of this.

I am a 23 years old to-be-mum and I am scared to death. I am suffering from anxiety and I have about one panic attack a day, on average, but the thing that scares me the most is the fact that I am pregnant, I am pregnant for 6 months now. I am afraid that this will hurt my baby, I am feeling so miserable because of it, I don't know what to do. Please tell me what to do, I will do whatever it takes.

Hi there. I think that it is normal that you are dealing with panic attacks while you are pregnant. Especially because you are very young and this is your fist time that you are going to have a baby.

You don't know what you are dealing with, and that is why you feel this way. You feel miserable because you are afraid that you won't be able to take care of your baby or similar things. When you suffer from those panic attacks, your whole world is upside down. Remember that you need to find someone who is an expert and talk to him. 

Why? Because panic attacks can lead to physical and mental stress, which may affect the fetus's development.

Hello guys,

I agree with Stressed or Depressed, this can harm the fetus so you should probably seek professional help if you can't already overcome this on your own. You are not the only person in the world who is having problems with this, so don't worry, I bet that your psychologist will already know what you need to do in order to overcome this. Just don't postpone this visit to your psychologist, please, if you really want for your baby to be completely healthy tomorrow. Do it as soon as you can and start working on yourself, and good luck.

Nina is right, I mean, you understand it, you said it yourself that you are worried about your baby's health, right? So I don't think that you should even think about handling this on your own, I would consult with my doctor if I were you and I know that he will for sure tell you to go and talk to a psychologist. Medications are not good for you since you are pregnant, these could as well harm your baby so please, do like I suggested and start seeing a psychologist, it is the safest way of dealing with your problem here.

Yeah, I know how this feeling is ugly. When I was pregnant for the first time, I was not that young as you were, so people were telling me that my fear and all those panic attacks were really justified. I was scared because I was 43 years old when I got pregnant for the first time. Every single day of my pregnancy I started to panic will I be able to gave a birth to my baby. I was out of my mind. One day my friend told me that because of depressed feelings she needed to abort because fetus was damaged and she was not able to do nothing about this. So try to calm down. I know how this can be hard, trust me I know. But you need to be focused, you need to calm and think about your baby. It is OK to seek for help if you can't fight it alone...

Just consult with your doctor and he will tell you what should you do next. Since I feel that you are really scared about your baby because of the panic attacks that you are having, I really believe that you are going to do whatever it takes to overcome this, therefore I think that you are going to get better soon.

Just be sure to do whatever your doctor tells you to do because it is for your own good. Don't doubt what he tells you to do, he is probably going to send you to a psychologist, I'm not sure, just don't doubt it.

Hey there.

This can be very bad situation and you should not try to fight this alone. Especially because this is your first pregnancy! 

Every pregnant girl has different experience and every depressed pregnant lady has different kind of the depression. So, before you do anything you should consult your doctor.

We can give you some simple advice but I don't know how they can help you. You can try with them, maybe they wont help you and you will keep destroying your baby.

So, consult your doctor! Don't do anything alone, because you don't know what is going on with you exactly.  

Hello there darling. I understand you but it is very important to consult your doctor about this. I hope that you already did. It is hard to go through something like this all alone. You really should have some support out there, because this can be fatal for your baby and than for you as well. It is very obvious that you can't stand this alone, so go and seek for help. I know that one girl from my mom's work had similar situation, but she believed that this is nothing serious and trust me, it was... I really don't want to remember what has happened to her baby and when she saw that, what has happened to you. Believe me, stress can be fatal. And you need to fight against it. Good luck.

You need to stay focused on your baby because that is only that matters and you know it.

You also should know that having SOME levels of anxiety, depression and stress when you are pregnant is fine and normal. It only becomes a problem when it’s out of control and you feel anxious all the time. You haven't told us is this in your case, but whatever it is you should see your doctor.

Like others already told you, if your anxiety gets too intense, it can really affect your pregnancy. There is also a risk that it will have an effect on your developing baby.