I have no idea what I am going to do, I think that I am starting to freak out. I don't remember the last time when I had a good sleep. As soon as I fall asleep, my anxiety wakes me up (I have nocturnal anxiety attacks) and I can't get back to sleep for hours after that. Now I am sleeping (at least trying to) with my eyes open in order to avoid nocturnal anxiety attacks and it doesn't seem to be helping. I am turning to you guys for help, please tell me that there is something that I can do about this.

You need to learn how to cope with these things, there is nothing that you can do to make these to stop. Think about how you feel when this happens to you, how it makes you feel. When it happens, don't stay in bed. Get up, walk a bit, sit in the living room and watch TV for a couple of minutes and then go back to sleep. The most important part is that you don't freak out, stay calm and learn about these attacks that are occurring, notice what these are doing to you and how these attacks are making you feel.

This has to be one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me. I was having these same nocturnal anxiety attacks but I had no idea what exactly was going on until I went to talk to my doctor. He explained to me that these were called nocturnal anxiety attacks and that these are more or less common in people who are suffering from anxiety (I didn't even know back then that I was suffering from anxiety). However, he gave me some pills to take before I go to sleep and my attacks stopped, I don't remember which pills these were, you should just talk to your doctor.

It can be really scary, because I think that one of the biggest fear is when night and fear are together! Ugly! I just can't imagine how you feel about this. 

I was reading a lot about this, about ways to cope with it and I remember that one of those facts are referring to healthy eating and exercises on the daily basis. The things with turning off your TV and leaving your smart phone by your side is also a good idea. Anyway, those are all recommendations, but to find out what the best treatment for this is, you need to find the cause. Only way to find cause is to go to doctor. 

I am not so familiar with those kind of attacks, but I am pretty sure that they are based on three things - wake up, get up, stand up. And it can be very annoying but sometimes dangerous as well, if you don't find a way to cope with it and to treat it.

Look, I think that the best thing that you can do when this happens is to get up from your bed immediately and try to be totally awake. That is the only way that you are going to be aware of the fact where you are and what is going on with you. 

I also had problems with it when I was diagnosed with anxiety for the first time. I was not able to sleep and next day I was really bad. I found the perfect formula for me and it really helped me. So I am going to tell you that you really need to try to chill out when you're trying to get to sleep. Also, it is very important to see your doctor of course, but I still do believe that this is more a psychological issue. 

Try to clear your mind, try to close your eyes and think about positive things.   

Oh my God, I know exactly what you are going through. There was a time when I couldn't even remember when I was sleeping and I was so tired of this. But thanks God I was composed totally so I went to see my doctor. He helped me a lot, but I think that I was able to cope with nocturnal anxiety attacks because I had a good will to get rid of it. When I was not able to sleep, I just start to listen some good, relaxing music. I didn't watch TV in that case. Also, I had good will to fight it so I started to think positively about every thing in my life. Be optimistic, trust me - it works even if you don't feel that now, in those moments.