Hello everyone,

I'm guessing that you hear these kind of questions here every day but please help me out because I have no idea what to do anymore. I have been suffering from anxiety for quite some time now and I simply don't know what to do anymore, how to fight it. I tried several medications and none of these really worked for me. I tried some teas which are supposed to help me but these didn't work for me neither, my anxiety simply won't go away. Is there any advice that someone could give me that I haven't heard of yet?

How long have you been suffering from anxiety? Since you said that you have already tried numerous medications, I will assume that this is prolonging for quite some time now, I am disappointed that you haven't learned to cope with this already, you are certainly not trying hard enough.

Anxiety is treated with psychotherapy along with medications. Did you talk to a psychologist yet? I guess not. You need to start seeing a psychologist and I can assure you that he can help you, if you want to be helped, of course. Do this and he will tell you what to do next.

Hey Guest,

You should cry about it. After you cry about it for some time, you will realize that crying is not going to help you at all and you might do something about it. Advice that Eating Boss gave you above me is good, I think that you should start seeing a psychologist and that it would be the best thing that you could do.

On the other hand, the things that you can do on your own, you could start exercising, go to the gym, start doing yoga, start meditating, change your habits that you don't thing are healthy, etc.

You made me laugh there, Johnny, thank you for that, but it also made me feel bad about myself, I am not grateful for that.

No, I didn't talk to a psychologist, one person already told me that I should speak with a psychologist but I didn't do it back then and I forgot about it later. Are you sure that this psychologist is going to help me? I am not very keen on going to the psychologist but if I really have to, if you really, really think that he is going to help me, then I will do it.

Yes, you should talk to a psychologist, this is a mental problem and I think it is kind of bad to poison yourself with medications because it is still a mental problem, if you understand what I mean, how could medications alter the way you think without having any consequences? 

You should try with exercises, exercising proved to be quite a good thing when it comes to fighting disorders like anxiety or depression. I think that you would benefit the most most running, running is an awesome discipline with relaxes your mind and your body as well, makes you feel better about yourself.

Hi there.

It is hard to tell. I don't know, but some things that are helpful for me won't help my good friend. So, you will need to put some effort to find out what is the best for you. Anyway, I am always focusing on the breathing when my anxiety won't go away. Foe example, low and deep breathing can calm you a lot. You should start by breathing in and out very slowly and after a few seconds you can breathe a little bit faster.  Let the breath flow in and out effortlessly and repeat four times until you get better.

It helps me a lot. 

I agree that breathing is helpful. It can help almost anyone who is dealing with anxiety attack. Also, here is what you can do. Have you ever tried to drink more water than usual, especially when you are dealing with anxiety attacks? If you didn't, well you should. Water is definitely calming and a lot of people don't even know that dehydration may affect anxiety in a variety of ways. One of those ways is that you start to feel miserable and than, those ugly panic attacks will start. So, whenever you are in condition like this, drink water. I can almost be sure that this is helpful for everyone who has anxiety issues. Good luck!

Hi there guys. Very helpful advice, thank you. I also have a lot of problems with anxiety and sometimes I don't know how to fight with it anymore. I also caught myself that I can't sleep anymore and I don't know is this connected to anxiety. I mean, I don't sleep because I have a lot of work to do and I think that my condition is getting worse because of this. So, some of those advice were helpful to me. For example, I do drink a lot of water because one day I really could dehydrate because of those attacks. Now, I am feeling OK about this and water is my cure. But should I sleep more, what do you think?

Hey Calming. You should definitely sleep more! I do understand that you have a lot of work to do, but sleeping must be your priority, especially because you are dealing with anxiety. 

You can read almost everywhere that doctors recommend everyone to sleep much when they have anxiety issues. 

You should sleep about 7 to 9 hours per day. I know that this is sometimes very hard, I can't sleep so many hours,but you need to try it. If you can't, try to drink some calming tea and I am sure that this is going to help you sleep better.

Have a nice day!