Hi everyone,

I am really, really scared, I don't remember being this scared throughout my entire life. You see, I've been suffering from anxiety for a short period of time when I fainted for the first time. It scared me horribly so I went to see my doctor and he told me that fainting is one of the anxiety symptoms. 

After that day when I talked to my doctor, I am in constant fear of passing out, it is just horrible. It happened a few more times that I passed out and it just made my fear of passing out even bigger.

Hi Guest,

Fear of fainting is not something that is uncommon, but fear of fainting is usually connected to panic attacks rather than to anxiety. It is all in your head after all and I don't think that anyone here will be able to help you out on this one. What you need is a good psychologist to talk to. They can tell you exactly what to do and how to do it, if you really want to overcome this fear of fainting, you need to work with a psychologist and then it all depends on your effort whether or not you will succeed in doing it.

I agree with Gaia, you really need to talk to some sort of a professional about this matter. Fainting is not healthy at all and you need to try and stop this right away. The more you wait, the more you put yourself in danger.

You must try and talk to a psychologist about this. He might even recommend you to talk to a psychiatrist, it all depends on your current state which this psychologist is going to evaluate the best. Don't even think about fighting this all alone, I honestly don't think that you can win this fight if you are fighting it alone.

Hi there,

I am still feeling the same. This is getting to be a phobia rather than just a fear. 

I am kind of afraid of psychologists. I am afraid of what they might tell me about me, I don't like people telling me what's wrong with me. Is there any other way? I don't really want to talk to a psychologist unless it's the last thing that really has to be done. My fear of fainting isn't going away, I am getting to be so desperate about this that I might even go and talk to one of these psychologists and see what happens.

I would definitely suggest you to talk to a psychologist. You have even bigger issues than anxiety, and the psychologist will help you with these as well, they might be the cause of your anxiety in the first place.

You need to know what is wrong with you, you need to know about your issues, don't be afraid to find out which ones these are. If you are afraid of seeing this, you are not going to fix these things ever. You need to be strong now and completely open yourself to a psychologist so that he can see what's wrong and help you get over these things.

Hello everyone.

I think that this is all normal, because once people faint because of anxiety, they are extremely scared because of it. And when this happens a couple of times, it definitely starts to control you and you start to fell like you are going to pass away all the time. But it is all in your mind because I have been in this situation. I was passing out constantly all the time and it started to control me a lot. But somehow I learn how to fight it. True, I am still scared a bit when this happens, but I am ok now. 

Friends, this can be very serious problem. If you are afraid that you are going to faint, that is not that weird but it is not safe at all. The smallest problem is that you can hurt yourself. If this happens very often you should really talk to someone who is an expert, your physiologist for example because he can find the reason why this happens to you all the time. I think that we really don't know that much about your current condition, so he is the only one who can help you to determine certain causes and he can help you deal with it.

I was passing out all the time. That was the biggest fear in my whole life but I didn't know  how to control it or what to do with it. Even if I was against it, my friends convinced me that I should go and see my doctor. So I did it. He started with some therapies and he told me that it is true that I am fainting because I have anxiety and that this is the main reason why I am scared of everything. It was obvious that this is controlling me.  It is all in our heads.