I have issues with anxiety for three or more years. I am visiting the psychologist all the time and I am OK, but sometimes I have those attacks and I can't control myself. Anyway, he is recommending me some anxiety relaxation techniques and I don't know what are the best and is it worth of trying them? Has anyone had some similar experience? What Are the Specific Benefits of Anxiety Relaxation Techniques? I would do anything but as long as I know what those techniques will be able to help me in my future life. Honestly, it is annoying and I want it to stop. 

Welcome to the club! Same here. I didn't beat it, but I have learned how to deal with it and how to live with it.  Step by step, but you should know that it takes time.  Anyway, mindfulness meditation helped me a lot because this type of meditation switches the focus to what’s happening right now, enabling you to be fully engaged in the present moment. This technique is used for so many years, and people are using it for a long time to reduce stress, anxiety, depression and all negative emotions. I was using the mindfulness type of meditation that actually encourages you to follow and then release internal thoughts or sensations. It also promotes walking, exercising, etc. 

But I still don't understand why my psychologist told me that I am OK and that I really don't need to do anything about me? That is confusing me a little bit....And why he told me that I should practice some relaxation techniques if he told me that there is nothing wrong with me? Maybe I really should seek for some other doctor opinion to see what is going on? And where I can learn those techniques if he keeps telling me that I am OK? I really don't understand anything now...I tried to find some things on the internet, but it keeps occupying my mind and I just give up on it.

Hello. You should definitely seek for an another option, you should find a doctor who is going to tell you what relaxation techniques for anxiety you may use. There are so many of them. They say that taking a deep breath is one of the best techniques. But besides that, you really should find a peaceful environment that is quiet, also you should find a comfortable position for you as soon as you came back from the job, etc. Also, you can lie on your back, with your legs uncrossed, arms relaxed at your sides, eyes open or closed. Focus on the breathing and it will help you. 

Celebrity

While simply engaging in rhythmic exercise will help you relieve stress, if you add a mindfulness component on top, you’ll get even more benefit. You can practice mindful exercise as well, and it is very similar to the meditation, but this sinful exercise requires being fully engaged in the present moment. That means that you should focus on paying attention to how your body feels right now, In this order, you should turn off your thoughts, and you should focus on the sensations in your limbs and how your breathing complements your movement. It might seem complicated but it is not. Once you learned this, you will be happier. 

I had similar problems with my doctor, he just didn't want to "Admit" or to tell me that I have problems with anxiety or depression, etc. I have tried to practice visualization, but I was not able to learn it. It is not heavy, they say, but I just was not able to learn it. I have practiced tai chi - it is like you are doing yoga in the park. So, if you ever see a group of the people in the park doing something similar to yoga, that is it. Tai chi is a self-paced, non-competitive series of slow, flowing body movements. And, you know what also helps? A massage. Try it!

Celebrity

I was just talking to my friend and she also had issues with it. Like she told me, there are so many different techniques and it is hard to tell which one can help you. It is all about your mind. But it is very important for you to know that whatever you choose, it is good because any relaxation can help to reduce the symptoms of many diseases and conditions such as heart conditions, diabetes, and anxiety and depression as well. Now, using relaxation methods in addition to the other treatments your health care provider prescribes can help you manage your health even better. You really should try to give your best.