Hello everyone,

I just don't know what to do anymore. This is starting to happen a lot more often than it used to before.

It happens to me a lot of times during the day that I cannot focus on what I am doing. When I am thinking about something and I can't seem to focus enough to come to a conclusion, I get really anxious. It happens with anything, whenever I am unable to focus, and like I said, it is happening really often now. I need some help, I really do, can anyone here give me an advice or something?

It is normal, I used to be anxious when I couldn't focus my mind on anything. It was just a period in my life, it happens when you have a lot of things on your mind and these things keep coming back to you whenever you try to focus on something.

You need to see what keeps coming back to your mind and you need to deal with it. Meditation is also a good way to learn how to deal with your thoughts and therefore it would make it easier for you to be able to focus on what you are doing.

You certainly have some unresolved issues regarding your problem with concentrating on something. Tell me, why can't you focus, what is going through your mind when you are trying to focus on something? Is there like a one specific thing that comes to your mind and won't let you focus on anything else? If this is the case, then you need to deal with this matter before proceeding to do anything else. Like Gaia said, you won't even be able to meditate as long as you have some unresolved questions. So my advice is to figure out the cause of this and deal with it.

Yes, I do, actually. I don't want to talk to you about this, it is pretty much private, but you are definitely right. When I try to focus on anything, literally anything, this thing just pops back to my mind and I can't focus on anything else. I really need to make a decision regarding this thing and then leave it behind me. This whole situation is just making me anxious and then my anxiety is making me feel angry.

I will try to put myself together, and as soon as I finish with this thing that is bothering me, I am going to start meditating.

It is somehow a normal kind of the behavior and I think that everyone who was dealing with anxiety had this problem. I had it as well. You know what is very important in this case? You should really learn how to focus on certain things. You should try to think positively and once you learn how to do that, you wont be that angry anymore. But I believe that you have some things that are not so clear in your life and that this is the main reason why this happens to you. Am I right? If I am, you need to find a way to get rid of those things and try to focus on better things. I understand that you are dealing with the private issues, but sometimes you need to talk to someone about those issues.

Oh yes!

Been there, seen this! The worst thing that can happen is when you cannot concentrate on certain thing and whatever you do, it doesn't work. So you start to be angry and you find that you are angry to anyone who is around you.

I know this feeling and I don't like it.

Like Guest already told you, I understand that you are dealing with private things out there, but you really should talk to the physiatrist because he can help you deal any problem you have. 

It is silly to take some antidepressants because of it, when you don't even know what can happen. 

Good day there. I don't agree with you. Sometimes, you really need to take antidepressants to feel better. I take them and I don't see that anything bad is going on with me. I also have some family problems, issues and secrets and I can't talk about them. It just doesn't seems right. Ok, if you really don't want to take antidepressants, you should try to focus on good things that makes you happy in your life. I am sure that you will see some progress very soon but if you don't want to consult to no one, you really should not do that. Sometimes, our secrets are just ours and nobody needn't to know about them...

Good! That is your opinion. I agree with you on just one thing - you should try to focus on something that is good, that makes your happy. For example, this can be your boyfriend, some sports that you are doing, maybe your job - I don't know. And I do understand that sometimes is really hard to tell some people about your problems, but sometimes you need to.

Just remember what can happen to you if you keep something that destroys you from inside. That is not good right?

I disagree with you about taking antidepressants. I wouldn't do that because this person hasn't consulted her doctor, as you already know!