Hello everyone.

I am a pretty good looking girl and I am quite skinny. If I wasn't skinny, I wouldn't consider myself to be beautiful.

Well, for quite some time now I am fearful that I am going to gain weight because if I did gain weight, I would lose most of my self confidence. This started to make me some problems because I am starting to get anxious about it, I even think that I have anxiety now.

Please help me out here, I don't know what to do, I am scared and lost and I have nobody to talk to about this.

just because you gain some weight doesnt make you unattrative ,theres people that gain weight and there still beatiful

It doesn't get to be that simple, Malo. Some people are just afraid of gaining weight and you cannot help them in a simple way like that, it gets to be quite complicated.

You need some professional help, Guest, I think that talking to a psychologist would be the best thing for you to do. You need to completely change your opinion about weight gain and only then you will able to fight your fear of gaining weight. Psychologists are good for this matter and I am 100% sure that they will be able to help you overcome this, just give it a try.

It is a shame that this is happening to you, Guest. Reading your post I assumed that you are still just a young girl, aren't you? You need to fight this fear. You need to get over it because it is affecting your self confidence, and it is affecting it a lot, I don't know if you are aware of that. It's not all about the looks, you know, what is inside is what matter.

I think Deni is right, you might want to seek professional help in order to fight both your anxiety and your fear of gaining weight and not being skinny anymore.

I am really young actually, but I don't feel like telling you my age, I'm a bit embarrassed about it to be honest.

I am scared of going to a psychologist. I don't doubt their skills or their knowledge or whatever, I am just scared of going there, I don't know why. I also wouldn't be able to tell my parents that I am seeing a psychologist nor why am I seeing him, and again I don't want to do these things behind their backs so I am kind of torn on two sides here. I don't know what to do, guys.

Hello darling

Anxiety can cause both - losing weight and gaining weight. Stress affects people differently. Here is why. It is well known that stress and anxiety are commonly associated with weight gain and there is a plain explanation for this. Well, during times of anxiety, the body releases heavy amounts of cortisol, and we do know that this is a hormone that contributes to weight gain - especially around the midsection. Anxiety can also cause people to lose their interest in many of their activities, which can also increase weight gain. That is why you are in constant fear and you are scared that you will gain weight. 

Hey. I don't know how you look, but I believe that you are beautiful and that you are in constant fear that you will gain weight. You should not do that, because it can lead to some mental issues such anxiety. I know that you can't just let it go, it is a little bit hard and you are to into this fear. That is why you need to find someone who can help you deal with this situation. It is true that anxiety can cause losing and gaining weight as well, but I don't believe that this is the main cause. A lot of those issues are in your head and once you learn how to beat them, you will feel much better than. Good luck and be positive!

Hey.

Gaining weight can cause anxiety, but I believe that you are super scared for no reason. But it can definitely become the big problem in the future because I can see that you are into this as well. That is why it is very important to seek for professional help on time. 

The fear is your worst enemy, this fear leads to stress, stress leads to anxiety and similar mental issues. 

I also think that you are young girl because you think about it too much, and you should find someone who is going to help you deal with it. 

Ok, it doesn't matter do you want to share your age with us or not. It is important to understand that we in here can give you some advice. We can't help you deal your problem. So, as you can see our advice is to visit the doctor and you should do it. As long as you think how scared you are and you are aware that you have problem, it can cause you bigger anxiety. Trust me, anxiety is like every other mental disorder - it needs to be healed and it needs to be controlled. So, please, talk to someone who can help you deal your problems. Trust us, this kind of problem will just disappear in a while.

dont gang up on this girl ,shes young ,and going through a rough time ,have some respect for i hink we know what its like to grow up ,be a little more gental