I lost my virginity when my boyfriend and I had sex about a month ago. We used a condom and it didn't break - I don't think there were any spills, although the surrounding area did feel a little wet afterwards (is that normal?). A little while after that, I started feeling kind of sick.
I went to my gynecologist and asked about going on the pill. First, as routine, they gave me a pregnancy test which came out negative. However, it was a urine test, and it was only a week after I had sex - I heard in those cases the tests aren't as accurate (they measure your HCG levels, which aren't supposed to rise until at least two weeks later).
About a week later (exactly two weeks after the intercourse, before I started the pill) I started bleeding...light at first, then very heavily. I thought - I'm pretty sure - that it was my period, although it was four days early, but I don't know. I heard if pregnant you can have spotting, which is like your period, only light. My question is, what's the distinction? What's normally considered 'light?' I don't mind if the answer is explicit.
Now the thing that has me worried is now (four weeks after sex) I developed a fairly high fever of about 102. That rarely happens to me. I think I was about six the last time I had a fever (and I'm 17 now).

What does this mean? How likely is it that I'm pregnant? I'm very scared. I don't really think I am, but I need some reassurance - some good factual answers that I can rely on. I want to take a test, but due to current sickness, I can't leave the house. Please help.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Hi i can understand where your coming from and what situation your in right now, you asked about bleeding while being pregnant.. what that actually is, is implantation bleeding.. the egg attaching to the walls of your uterus to grow which causes some spotting.. which is very light bleeding (not heavy and nothing like a normal period) and the colour is usually brown or a light pink colour, some people say it only lasts for one day or a couple of hours but it can actually last up to a week (that is what happened with me) not every pregnant women gets this but it isnt unusal, go back to your healthcare provider where you got your pill from and explain this to them, they will offer you a pregnancy test like before.. (i dont no where you come from so im not sure if you would get it done for free) or you could go to your doctor and he can take a blood sample they are the most accurate to go by and can detect pregnancy as early as 7 days after, i hope all goes well for you.

I just have another question about the bleeding...if it's heavy, and it's not spotting, does that mean I probably did have my period? or is there anything else it could have been?

Thank you so much for your advice; I really appreciate it.

Chances are you probably did have your period at an odd date, try not to worry so much.

thanks again

but what about the fever? I had it this morning, it went up to 102.9, but now it's down again and I feel fine. do you or does anyone else have any idea what might have caused that?

It could be from your menstrual cycle but if your worried about it then see a doctor he could probbably tell you alot more.