I’m a 29-year-old healthy woman. I am married for 7 years now and my husband and I have one problem: we are trying to get a baby so hard but without any success.
This lasted almost all this time ‘till few days ago when I did some pregnancy testing and they came out to be positive. We were both thrilled and satisfied.
However, it was“short breath” happiness.
Yesterday morning I’ve noticed implantation spotting on my underwear. I started to panic because I suspect on miscarriage. I don’t know how much blood I loose but I think it was a small amount!
Someone please tell me am I loosing my baby?

First, I need you to calm down! I’m hospital nurse and I have some experience on this field.
I know how frustrating can be when you think you’re loosing your unborn child, but you must stay clear-headed.
Because you say it was a small amount of blood – I believe that is a good sign!
You’re right-implantation spotting but with big amount of blood can be a sign of miscarriage BUT if we are talking about vaginal bleeding with small amount of blood – it is completely normal!!! Light spotting can be caused by implantation when the fertilized egg attaches or implants itself on the uterus.
One more thing - just for your information – in a case of miscarriage you would suffer from strong pains in the lower abdomen and I don’t remember you mentioned them and that’s way I think you don’t have reason for worry. Just carry out with your pregnancy and everything will come out just fine. Good luck!

hello

i am 25 yr lady and we are expecting baby since eight months:
my periods before was on feb 24 and i didnot get my periods yet this month in march.But i am afraid I have spotting of light blood in light brown colour instead of my periods.It has no odour or colour.I have no abdominal pain.It was for a couple of days.Will anyone tell is this the symptom of preganancy or periods or miscarriage?

Are you trying to say that you have been trying for 8 months to get pregnant?

Your spotting could actually mean three things. First of them is that it was implantation spotting, which happens 7-12 days after ovulation and may/not be followed by cramping.

Implantation means that the fertilized egg has implanted itself into the uterine lining and that it will be developing from now on in your uterus and turn into a lovely child.

The implantation bleeding is usually in a form of bloody spotting that usually lasts just for one day although some women said it lasted longer.

Second possible reason could be that your menstruation is approaching and that you are experiencing some vaginal discharge that may occur prior to a period.

Third reason could be miscarriage, which may occur anywhere from 1-12th week of pregnancy. Miscarriage usually looks like very light red blood, with/out some tissue/clots and could be accompanied by cramping.

You can’t know until you see a gynecologist. Let me know how it went!

Mayo wrote:

Jho wrote:

hello

You can’t know until you see a gynecologist. Let me know how it went

i was shocked when the urine and blood test came negative inspite of 55 days late period.but i saw a light spotting in 31st day from my last period.
I am undergoing very huge stress in my mother in laws house and my life is miserable here with her.she says that i am not fit to give a child.i am v sad and can stress cause impregnancy?

Community Administrator

Of course it can. Stress is often the main reason healthy couples can't get pregnant! Can't you just not think about the old lady? Who cares what she thinks! Women like these make me crazy, as if she has no life of her own!
It is not her life but yours and you should let her know that!

You have rise yourself above her! Good luck with the mother-in-low and pregnancy!

Well, I was on the depo shot for one year having no periods. My last shot was November 2005. I had my first period since being off the depo May 9th 2006. I had a normal period. My fiance and I are trying to conceive. We had sex on my fertile days per an ovulation calendar. We had sex the 17th through the 21st. I went to the bathroom the morning of May 24th and wiped and there was brown on the toilet paper, I put a pad on and nothing ever came on the pad. The next day May 25th it turned to a pinkish red only on the toilet paper nothing on the pad again. Then it stopped. This morning May 26th I went to the bathroom and it was there again when I wipe and a couple drops in the toilet. I had a pad on all day but nothing there only when I go to the bathroom. I am not due for my period until June 6th. I feel sick to my stomach like I am gonna be sick and I am having slight discomfort right above my pubic bone. Is this implantation bleeding? Could I be pregnant?? Help please any answers would help.......

well
I just had a miscarriage and this sounds like one.
You might have pain in lower pelvic region.
Implantation bleeding come just for a day and has no pain associated with it. It also does not happen again and again. So this cannot be implantation bleeding.
Or it just could be that your body is preparing for you next menstrual cycle.

I am having mild spottings of dark brown shade since 2 days. I dont have pain. Am i pregnant?

I was waiting on my period because I felt comfortable knowing that I couldn't possibly be pregnant since I was using the nuva-ring for a week before me and my husband had unprotected sex. Now instead of having a regular period I had, today which would be the third day a really light pink period I suppose and today discovered a brown discharge and I am not understanding why, could you help me out?

It does not mean that you are having a miscarriage. Just lay down with your feet proped up, and take it easy. As long as its just spotting you are fine. But if you pass anything that looks like hamburger meat, or blood clots, or anything out of the ordinary, call your doctor immediately. (I know it sound gross, but I had a miscarriage years ago, and I know what to look for).

My current situation may help alot of you out there calm your fears about bleeding and spotting during pregnancy. I am 12 weeks pregnant, and have been spotting every since I was 5 weeks along. My doctor has put me on bedrest for the last 7 weeks. But, I have had 5 ultrasounds to reassure me that the baby is doing just fine. I came to find out that I had a tear between the placenta and my uterus. As I'm about to enter my second trimester, the spotting has almost went away, and I can move around the house with no problem.

I know any sight of blood during pregnancy can be scary, but just drop everything and get off of your feet. If it wasn't for all the ultrasounds the last 2 months, I would have drove myself crazy.

And if your wondering if all those ultrasounds can hurt the baby, I have been reassured by several doctors that having ultrasounds will not harm the baby.
Hope this helps.
Good luck to you both.

BROOKLYN

Ive been spotting for 12 weeks now, im inregular i get my periods 2 mths yes then 3-4 mths no, my last real period was back in september, then skipped oct,nov, n started spotting since december 27th can anyone let me know anything you would know about this? thankyou

hi there ladys right were do i start i got pregnant last november after trying for my third child after 4 years of trying we were over the mon that it had happened at about 6 weeks in the pregnancy i started to have a brown discharge which i have never had before with my other two pregnancies so i went the doctors and said it was normal so i carried on but keeped having the discharge at about 10 weeks i went to the hospital to see a doctor or midwife to see if they could check with a scan to see if my baby was okay but they would not do me a scan and a doctor again would not see me he just said it was normal so i went for my scan at 11 weeks and found out my baby was dead and had been dead for a month apart from the discharge i had no cramps so that midwife that says unless u have cramps its just implant bleeding its aloud of rubbish i would make sure u get it checked out but some good news has come out of all of this four months after losing my baby we got pregnant again and are know 17 weeks pregnant with a heathly babe

well i would like some one to answer my question ASAP i'm i pregnant or jus had a miscarriage?........i had sex and used a condom but after a few days 4 days i had a light bleeding........after about a week or so i felt i started feeling like i was pregnant so i took a test which came out to be negative but my stomach kept getting bigger days after and the day before my period was due i began having heavy bleeding with clots followed with cramps an some stomach pains which lasted for 4 days and ended on the fifth day and continued on the 6th day.....i don't know if i am pregnant so can someone please help me out by answering.

Hi! I am currently 19 years of age and am working a full time job in the first shift. I was late for my period till recently. I was suppose to get it on the 6th of July but did not get it till the 19th, and before this I hadn't gotten my period since the ends of May so it is a huge gap for me for I'm regular with a consistent cycle. During the week I was suppose to receive my period I experienced nausea and couldn't stomach my food for a week, losing 10 pounds. The next week I craved it all and I was highly emotional. At work I get really light headed, and at home I sleep A LOT so it can't be lack of sleep. I sadly do admit of having unprotected sex. I thought I was pregnant until I started spotting brown spots and then when I would go to the bathroom, their were traces of blood when I cleaned myself. Now, I have blood in my urine as well but it's small pieces of tissue which I have never experienced before. I have had on and off fevers for the past 4 days and I experience really painful lower abdominal pain here and there. I'm not sure whether this is a miscarriage or not since I had taken a pregnancy test a week before and it was negative, even today! Please help me try to figure this out? I do have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday but this is worrying me! Note; it's LIGHT not heavy blood, which is why I'm not positive of it being a miscarriage..