I started spotting April 10th for about 5 days. 6 days before I was due for my period. My period was supposed to come on the 16-17th of April but by then the spotting stopped. I bought pregnancy tests on Monday April 13 and both came out positive. The following day April 14 I went to the doctor and had blood drawn and got my results the next day, they resulted positive and may be a few weeks pregnant. But today April 21st the day I would of ended my period I began to spot again (a very light brown) with mild spotting as I did the first few days. Should I be worried? Could this still be implantation bleeding since I may be 4-5 weeks pregnant?

Hi there

Am assuming you are trying to conceive. So, here is some info for you -

Spotting is light bleeding from the vagina. It's similar to, but lighter than, a period. It varies in colour from red to brown. While it's not exactly normal, light bleeding or spotting during pregnancy is fairly common, particularly during the first three months. It is usually caused by something minor or turns out to be 'just one of those things'.

Talk to your doctor. Even if it stops within the first day, it's best to call. Spotting may not always be a sign of a serious problem, but your doctor can check whether there is an underlying problem or complication. You may need an examination or an ultrasound scan to rule out any complications and to make sure that you and your baby are fine.

Be specific about your symptoms. Do tell your doctor:

• whether the discharge was light pink, brown or bright red
  • whether the flow was light, heavy or accompanied by clots or tissue
  • whether you experienced pain, dizziness, fever or chills
  • whether you have had to use sanitary napkins to soak the discharge, and if so, how many

This will tell your doctor how heavy or light the bleeding has been, and she will be able to advise you accordingly. Good luck