i dont know why but when ever i have a drink with alcohol, in any amount i get pains in my muscles, fore arms, chest sholders, all the way down to my legs,
but after a while or at least a few sips the pain goes away, but it can hurt pretty bad up to then, needless to say i dont drink often.
it doesnt matter if its a beer or a shot of hard liquor.
do you have Any idea why this might happen???

Wow, it sounds like you might have developed some sort of allergy to alcohol. Of course if you drink for awhile then you can reap the painkilling benefits of alcohol but it sounds like to me up until that point that you're actually suffering from an allergic reaction. If I were you, I would see an allergist about it. Have you ever seen one about this? Keep us posted on how you're doing okay?

The same thing happens to me. I still like to drink so I found a solution:tums before you drink, and drink lots of water. I think it happens because lactic acid is building up in your muscles...I kinda self diagnosed myself after realizing that it was def an acid buildup and that maybe something to equal it out (like a base i.e tums) would work and taa-daa! Been doing it for years. It will work if you know you haven't been drinking enough fluids throughout the day (say you are really busy and get home from work and want a drink- a real drink) but just to be safe, it's best to be well hydrated before you engage in any alcohol consumption. I promise it should work :-)