This is really weird. Whenever I drink a lot of carbonated alcoholic beverages, I get this really intense pain in my stomach. It only happens whenever the drink is alcoholic, I can drink Cola all day and Ill be fine. The only way I can relieve my stomach is if I lay on it for half an hour and it will get better. However, if I sit up it will start to hurt again. Does anyone else suffer from this? What can I do so that I can drink as much carbonated alcoholic beverages I want?

I have the same exact problem. But I cannot figure out why this is happening. And I have never heard of it happening to anyone else. I really wish someone would tell me what the problem is. Please!

i get the same thing too. it really bothers me and only happens when i drink pop and alcohol.

i STILL suffer from this, but found a way to cure it. I know this question is old and you guys figured it out by now, but just take a Tylenol and 2 Antacid tablets and wait like 5 mins and it will be gone! Cheers.

This topic is really old and I have conducted A LOT of research on this topic. I too suffer from this it is extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. I in fact stress myself to this condition to try to find a cause and cure for this condition. I have asked everyone that I have ever drank with, and have only found 1 other person that suffers from it, but according to my studies (unofficial-amateur) it seems to be a genetic inability to release the carbon dioxide that is released when the carbonated beverages hits the stomach acid. Some how the alcohol renders the multiple valves and sphincters useless. While drinking a carbonated drink (non-alcoholic) these valves and sphincters have no problem opening/relaxing which in tern allows you to release the pressurized gas (burping or passing gas). The alcohol seems to weaken or sedate these valves/sphincters renduring them useless. Basically slamming the door shut so you can only increase the pressure, kind of like a one way valve. This seems to be a genetic trait passed down from generation to generation. My sister and my mother has the same condition. The only thing that we have found to help is a anti-acid; like tums, or alcaseltzure. I hope this helps. Try taking a couple tums before your night of drinking... seems to work best as a preventative... not a instant cure for the pressure hat has already been created.
- CWN

Thank you for your suggestion! I tend to just steer clear of carbonated alcohol altogether, but recently I had some fizzy pink drink at the local ribfest and thought I was gonna die! Extreme stomach pain so bad that I Thought I was going to pass out. (only drank two.) Took a half an hour and a lot of burping before it subsided. Next ribfest I am bringing the antacid!

Never -- and I mean NEVER -- take Tylenol with alcoholic beverages of any kind.

The pain could be related to an empty stomach and the carbonated drink travelling down your throat it will pass

Me too.Champagne and prosecco. Get really bad IBS. Stomach cramps sporadic bowel movements. It is definitely a pattern I have seeing so no more sparkling wine because it takes days to clear.

I just got this last night for the first time and I was kind of freaked out. I had be iced 3 times that night(chugging a smirnoff ice) and just about everything else I was drinking was both carbonated and alcoholic. Went away after around 20-30 minutes of feeling like sh*t for me.

I get same pain without alcohol while drinking cola. Just visit your gastrologist.

Or what helps me is eating two pieces of toast.
The pain almost immediately goes away.

I have horrible stomach pain, multiple trips to the bathroom in agony. No more Smirnoff seltzer for me. A drink of
Half teaspoon baking soda in warm water helps

its happens most of the the time to me as well.

Omg, it happened to me for the first time yesterday too. I’m typically a beer drinker and can hold my liquor. So unfortunately, I had a few Smirnoff seltzers (only drink available), before the onset of severe stomach cramps and pain. It lasted all night to where I couldn’t hardly sleep. Flushed my body with water, but today I’m still sore from how bloated I had become! No more...ever! I’m fact, I don’t even ever want to drink any alcohol anymore after that experience!
Thanks for the technical explanation whomever left it.