I'm a 20 year old college student. This is my junior year, classes are hard, and this is also my first semester being a Resident Assistant. Recently (like four days ago) I feel sick every time I try to eat. At first it was just after eating I'd have to run to use the bathroom, but now I have trouble even eating three bites. I think I'm having trouble eating out of fear of getting sick from it. I think this is just caused by stress but I'm also concerned that I'm developing an anxiety problem from worrying about what is causing this. If anyone has experienced this before, any advice or information would be helpful!

Hi I'm from the UK and I'm also a student. How long have you had this problem, because I'm suffering from the same thing. I've lost weight because of it.

Hi Kerri92. Its been about a week, maybe a week and a half by now. I'm still having trouble eating and I'm calling tomorrow to make an appointment with a psychologist.

Oh it's good you're looking for help. If I can't get any answers from my GI doctor then I'll be seeing a psychologist as well. It's really horrible isn't it.

Yeah my appointment is not for a little over a week so I have a while to go. I recommend you try involving yourself in something before you try to eat, that seems to help a little. Get soaked up in a tv show or a video game. I think I am just under way too much stress with my job but I'm worried about this enough that all I feel I can do is get help from a professional. Good luck to you, stay positive!