I wake up with my stomach hurting a few days out of the week. It's a kind of queasy feeling. Like I feel sick to me stomach. I was wondering if it was because I have a cigarette before bed, and maybe the taste in my mouth in the morning is what causes my stomach to hurt. Or..Also I am on some meds from when I got a liver transplant, norvasc, Prograf, and Mag Oxide...and I sometimes forget to take them..I was wondering if that would cause a problem, also I am on birth control...I sometimes forget to take my birth control...but usually when I rememeber I take 2 in a row. I don't know what it could be..maybe just stress? All I know is I wake up with a sick feeling. Help!

I too wake up in the morning sick to my stomach. However, I'm not on any meds, not out of shape, don't have any complications of any kind. Although, I do smoke. But I still had this problem when I didn't smoke.
The strange thing is that I don't get the sick to my stomach feeling unless I get up early. And by early, I mean in the morning. Not less hours of sleep. Most times, less sleep gives me more energy, and I feel better but I tend to feel it later in the day. More sleep makes me tired all day, but I can function on that level longer without dropping off.

Anyway, the main reason I'm writing this is not for the detailed, intelligent, and experienced response I'm going to get that will enlighten me on solutions. But rather the retarded rambling of a dumbass that's gonna go on and on with c**p about how stress can be relieved by this and that and here's another idea to fix something you didn't even talk about.
Want my credentials? Get rid of that unwanted, harmful stress first.

I think that girl probably doesn't feel good because of her medical circumstances and lack of routine. Smoking? perhaps. I know that birth control can make you feel sick, and that multiple doses will make you feel sick most likely. The other meds I cannot comment on.

I was just doing a search for 'feeing sick in the morning', i also get it everyday, i'm sick to death of waking unfeeling like a bus has hit me! well maybe not quite like that but thats how i always describe it.

everyday i wake up i have this bad sick feeling, and i'm not female so not pregnant but i am overweight! I sometimes link this sick feeling with my horrible dry mouth i get in the morning. I also suffer with bad headaches about once month which i put down to my sinuses as my nose blocks every time i get the headache, the doctor says it's migraine but no one is sure.

I also have this bad tooth which is coming out in a few weeks but i heard that if u have bad teeth or a bad tooth harmful bacteria enters your bloodstream and this can make u ill, the most common thing is for it to give u heart disease as the type of bacteria gets clogged up in your heart, but i wondered if my bad tooth could be the cause of this sick feeling.

The sick feeling i get comes with a definite fuzzy feeling in my head and an overall groggy feeling and it usually passes within about 30-60mins of getting up. Something must be causing it and it's worrying, i just hope i find the answer one day and hope it is my tooth and that when it comes out i get better......

I was wondering if there is any possibility that your abdominal stiffness and bloating and your nausea are caused by a bacterial overgrowth of the intestine? It could also, possibly, be gastroesopageal reflux disease that has been plaguing you. 

(I thought birth control pills affected the liver, by the way? Are you sure you should be on those? That is just an aside, though.)

In this situation, since you clearly have a history of medical problems, I would be running, not walking, to your doctor just to get to the bottom of what is going on. If anything serious is going on, you want to know about it. 

Do you think you might be dehydrated? I know this sounds simple, but dry mouth and headaches are symptoms of dehydration, maybe you could try increasing your water intake.

When you smoke, you swallow some and it stays in your stomach over night and this causes that feeling in the morning.

Hey, its Dan.

Guys, I get the same problem. I'm 19, male, average weight, teeth are fine, out of work, dont smoke, dont drink, no medical problems in particular and no medication. I still get the same.

This means there is only one thing in common. Being out of work as caused undue stress. I therefore am lead to believe its stress or panic. What the second person said about herbal remedies and other advise to relieve stress may work but i believe you need to find your own way of dealing with it. and if its getting up early in the morning, such as me, even on days off, try to get back in a routine and get up early on a regular basis. may ease it.

This happens everytime i get up early and am cruising the web for a solution other than "live with it".

Kind Regards,
Dan o.O

Hi

I'm with the person who asked about dehydration. That could definitely do it -- and, it's an inexpensive and easy fix to find out if that's the problem. Just drink more water! Try to drink only up till about 5 PM because after that you'll be up all night going to the bathroom.

I'd second the motion on the Rhodiola. I've been taking MIND BODY & SPIRIT now for several months and it has completely changed my outlook. I've slowed down on the caffeine too . . . Caffeine is a dehydrator as well. Seriously, however, try a good brand of Rhodiola. I'll recommend two to you now . . . and both of them can NOT be bought in stores. Store brand Rhodiola doesn't work - just gives you a headache.

Try Verde Botanica brand (google it) or Arctic Root brand (by Swedish Herbals). Good luck!

L.

It's candida. Cut out carbs.

hey me too i dont feel good now i feel like im going to throw up and its only in the moring so i eat something but that dont work i dont know

i have the same problem. every mornin i wake up i feel sick prob 4 or 5 days of the week i throw up. everyone tells me stress. i dont feel stressed, i have been to doc and they cant tell me anythin. i am 23 and the prob has got worse since my son was born... alot worse, could lack of sleep cause these mornin sickness? between 60hr work week and 3 week old son not much sleeping goin on =(

i have same problem. i wake up every mornin sick 4 or 5 days a week i will throw up because of it. everyone says stress i do have alot going on in my life but i dont feel stressed. been to the doc they cant tell me anyhin the morning sickness got alot worse when i son was born im not sure if lack of sleep can cause this? with 60hr work week and 3 week old son not alot of sleep. also i have about a 20 minute ride to work, after i leave my house by the time i get to work i feel almost normal.

I have the same problem...every morning I wake-up feeling awful. Best way to describe is like a hangover, but I did NOT drink. Heck, I won't even touch alcohol these days since I feel so damn bad in the morning. Like many, I have gone to the doctor to no avail...a recent blood test showed that I have high blood sugars (not diabetic but getting there), but what I have read states the opposite. Meaning, low blood sugars can make one feel bad in the morning. I am thinking about getting a glucose/blood tester for the early am when I wake to see what else I can learn. Any ideas? Again, for the past 2 years I wake in the morning feeling awful, fatigue, no stomach issues, no headache...mostly an overall yuck & fatigue feeling. Then, following a coffee, it goes away in about an hour or two. The list below is what I compiled from web searching, but still no closer to solving my problem. Someone please help.

Causes/Poss Solutions?
low blood pressure
gastroparesis
flagyl
anti-depressant/anti-anxiety - physical symptoms of anxiety
hypoglycemia
Celiac Sprue
gluten
nonfunctioning gallbladder without stones, and to diagnose that you'd need a HIDA scan
getting a workup for parasite and bacterial infections.
take my vitamins
Wheat gluten can be causeing all of these problems. Go and get allergy testing done
celiac
dysautonomia(autonomic dysfunction)
Rhodiola Rosea

I am a Social Worker and a couple of my clients used to have these same symptoms, I brought them to see doctors on numerous occasions, but never was made any the wiser. That is until I went to visit my own GP and I remembered to ask him for his opinion. He explained it may have been dehydration, especially if the children were waking up with dry, bad tasting mouths. The headaches he said were also an indicator of dehydration. He recommended that the children drank more water during the day and had a glass of water before they went to bed. Ever since I have never had any complaints from the children. Hopefully this will help you all.

P

I have the same problem. I'm a male, 21 and in decent shape. I don't smoke, but go to college so I drink about 3 to 4 days a week.
However every morning regardless I wake up with a feeling of naseau. I feel like if I was to throw up id be
Feeling better but I never want to thorw up so I don't even know if it will make a difference. Its been a consistent
Thing for a while, just haven't gotten the chance to go to the doctors about it. Ialso haven't been able to eat
As much as I usually could. I just feel like complete c**p every morning. After I wake up and start the day its
Not as bad.
And to touch on the dehydration idea, I drink a bottle of water before ki go to sleep now. Thought that was the problem.
Wrong. So any one got any ideas for this pain to go away?