I'm worried because I haven't gotten my period yet. About a week or two ago I forgot to take my birth control pill, but I took it the next morning along with the one that was supposed to be taken that day. My boyfriend and I had sex later that day, or maybe it was the following day. It was definitely one of the two. We've never used condoms and have always used the pull-out method and he is always very, very careful that none of it gets inside me because he doesn't want to get me pregnant since we are both only in high school. This has happened to me a couple times before, but I've never missed my period. I'm worried about pre ejaculation and my birth control possibly failing. I'm so worried. Could I be pregnant? 

Hi Lisa,

How late is your period?  If only a few days it can happen.

You did the right thing by taking your missed pill with the next.  You were protected.

Well it's kinda hard to say because I don't always get my period at the same time. But usually the first or second week of the month. I've also been stressing about it a lot. And I've been stressing about school too. Could that be a factor?

Yes, stress can be a factor but --

If you expect it the first or second week and we're in the third week, then you're at least a week late.

Take a home test. Be sure to use only your first morning urine for the best accuracy.

Okay, thank you! I was just really confused because I have no pregnancy symptoms, but I do have the symptoms I usually get before my period. I have completely skipped my period before because of stress though. I'll be sure to try the pregnancy test!

Hi, I just found out I have a concussion. When I talked to my doctor yesterday she told me that my period could be late or I could skip it due to the stress and confusion my body is feeling right now. She told me that it is very likely that I will just skip it completely, but that I should take a pregnancy test next month if I still have not gotten it. I feel somewhat relieved now. Thank you for all your help.

I'm sorry to hear about the concussion.

Yes, it can be late or skipped. Take it easy and get over the concussion.

Thanks for the update, good luck.