I have celiac disease so I am gluten free since 1/2011. I had a TIA in 3/2011. I am 38 and live pretty healthy. Lately I have noticed that after I eat  I get so sleepy! and I have neck pain in the fount right side sometimes even into my shoulder area. I wake up full of energy and then after breakfast the rest of the day is all down hill. I nap 1-2 hours and sleep 7-10 hours at night. any helpfull hints or suggestions? I am so fustrated when every test results comes back normal. from cholesterol to the MRI with and without contrast, the EKG everything. next test is EEG. any help or advice is appreciated.

I also get sleepy after meals and i am perfectly healthy.I also nap about an hour a day and sleep 6-9 hours at night.Just wanted to give you some green light on that part,as for the others,i just dont want to deceive you,i dont know!

The food you eat might be heavy, you use energy to digest food. Whenever I eat ramen noodles, my energy decreases, I get a bit drowsy. It might be digestive problems, or the food's too heavy. It takes time for your food to digest, depending on your metabolism I think..well this is what I thinking might be the problem but I'm not a doctor or anything but I am smart :D

I also get sleepy after meals i think its normal.

I have the same issue. I can't keep my eyes open often after eating. I am interested to hear what info you get about causes and solutions. I am pretty sure it is related to my long time digestive issues which seem to. E getting worse-more chronic. I have ongoing acid reflux and diarrhea . I have to avoid coffee and alcohol completely now (I miss the coffee the most). When I eat acidic foods--chocolate, certain fruits, juices, high fiber food, I have more problems-including the sleepiness.

I really would like to get more info about this symptom-my doctors are unsure....