I come from 3 generations (Gross) that have a bad gassy problem! I refuse to be embarassed by this any more! I take a pill for dairy, but I am guessing it is more than dairy products that I have a problem digesting! SOmeone mentioned taking papaya pills or digestive enzymes to me. What do each of those do & am better off taking one or the other or both?

Thanks!!!!!

Taking digestive enzymes is a good idea. You may have another issue, however. You may be having an issue with producing enough hydrochloric acid to digest your food. The older you get, the less acidic your stomach is, making it harder to break down the food.

Try taking some apple cider vinegar before you eat your meal. See if that makes a difference. This stimulates the production of HCl. (I strongly suggest you get Bragg's apple cider vinegar. It's the very highest quality. You can find it at a local health food store.)

If that doesn't work, you can try taking digestive enzymes. Papaya and other tropical fruits are very popular for their digestive enzymes, but they may not include all of them. Try getting a supplement. Again, find it at a local health food store. Supplements from drug stores and grocery stores are usually very poor quality.