I get excessively sleepy after eating a meal, to the point where i am fighting to keep my eyes open. I am of normal weight with a bmi of 24, and am non-diabetic. Any ideas on how to stop this??

thank you.

I have this problem too. I used to think it was low blood sugar, like my body overreacting to the food because it happens so quickly.  I am going to keep a food diary to see if it might be food alergies.

I am trying to figure out the same problem for myself. I would really appreciate any solutions or possible causes you come up with your food diary. Sometimes after eating, I become so sleepy that I can't keep my eyes open. I have a history of digestive problems termed "Irritable Bowel"-which right now means I get lots of acid reflux and diarrhea . I have noticed that i get the extreme tiredness when i have oher digestive problems. I used to be able to drink alcohol and caffeine, but now both cause symptoms. I think when I have had coffee (I barely drink alcohol now) or an acidic food-I am more likely to have these symptoms.

there are two types of this. one is the type dependent on what you eat, like something causing insulin spiking like lots of sugar. the other is like mine which doesnt matter if you eat pure lettuce, a well balanced meal or pure candy. the result is identical, super sleepy, so much that you cant function for at least an hour and sometimes up to 3 hours with perfect correlation to how much food I eat. doctors are all stumped. i been to so many and they have nothing to offer. someone needs to figure this out!

yngvae2 I'm guessing you are a woman? slim? I get the same thing suspect hormonal balance related but investigating further...