I've had this belching, frequently violent but without heartburn mostly after evening meal and no matter what I eat. Frequently belching does not start until 2 or 3 hrs have passed after the meal. Sometimes I wake up during the night, sit up, thump my stomach several times until the trapped gas comes out in belches, often violent. After this bout of burping I take a Rennie and sleep comfortably till morning. The medication I take is a metformin or diamicron pill during meals. How can I get rid of this problem, please? I have tried charcoal pills and enzyme digest but with little or negligible relief.

Hello, irtirat.  I am sorry to hear about your problem with excessive belching.  Neither of the medications you are taking would cause belching to the extent you are speaking of.  You may have a bacterium in your stomach that could be causing this.  It is called Helicobacter Pylori, and it can cause stomach ulcers and sulphur tasting burps.  Have you had this symptom?  Or it could be a parasite in your gut called Giardia.  This "bug" is transmitted from unclean hands (fecal-to-oral).  You should go to your doctor to be tested for either of these type of infections.  Are you having any other type of symptoms?  Let us know what you find out.  Good luck!

The burps are tasteless or taste of the food eaten before. No other symptoms except burps. I also seem not to lose weight easily as before.

Are you eating foods that cause gas, like broccoli, raw cauliflower, or beans? Perhaps you are swallowing air as you eat? I am just putting ideas out there. lol.