i was just looking out for the time best to sleep after dinner as i am used to sleeping right after my dinner. I think this is really affecting my health and i am growing a bit obese due to this habit of mine

It would be ideal not to eat anything at least three hours before bedtime. Ideally, it would be best not to eat anything after 6pm or at least 8pm. I know it is hard but depending on what you eat, this is how long it takes food to digest.

If you don't eat before bedtime, you would have much better sleep as your body won't have to work while you are sleeping and you will rest much better.

Hi veeru, 

Sleeping immediately after the dinner is definitely not the best choice for your health, especially if you are doing this for years. As Marrilyn said, ideally you shouldn’t eat for about three hours before sleeping. This is even more the case if you tend to eat larger meals for dinner, or the meals that contain a lot of meat, fat and spices.

In cases when you also have problems with excess wait, eating at night is something that should be avoided at as much as you can because there is truth to the saying that almost anything you eat after 8p.m. directly contributes to you gaining weight. If you just sleep after meals, your body doesn’t get the chance to use the energy it gets from food and it just gets stored in the excess weight.