I have had my Paragurd IUD in place for 19 months with the worst complaint about the device being the HEAVY cycles. I have two children and I thought I wouldn't want anymore kids at this point in my life so I decided to get the Paraguard IUD because 1) my doctor suggested it for its highly effective rates over 99% effective 2) I didn't want to use anything with hormones, and 3) nothing to remember to take daily. Four weeks ago, I missed my period, which comes every 21 days like clock work! I felt lots of pressure and bloating like it could come any minute, but it didn't. I went to the doctor 3 days after my missed period and he examined me and found my IUD perfectly in place. He said most likely that I wouldn't be pregnant but they would test my urine and blood to be sure. My 1st urine test, the line was faint, so they did it again and it was definitely positive! The next day My HCG levels were 574 and two days later they dropped to 517. This is when my doctor informed me that this was not a normal pregnancy. That night I started what felt like contractions, tightening and gripping sensations, upset stomach (loose stool), and thick, slimey, dark red blood pooled in the toilet. I was starting to miscarry. The next day I spotted a little, and the next day the same spotting. The next day, there was no mistaking what was happening to me, I felt a gush and found blood filled with small to medium clots in it shaped in a web like formation. This lasted pretty heavy for two days. On the 2nd day I was scheduled for an ultrasound and sonogram. The radiologist confirmed my IUD was perfectly in place and showed me. I was so devastated to find out that I was pregnant with a perfectly placed IUD and miscarrying all in one week. My baby was implanted in my uterus but I had expelled it all on my own thus no need for a D&C. I shared this because I knew the risks of having the IUD but I was in denial about the worst case senario happening to me. I am having my IUD removed in a week from now because my conscious can't take me getting pregnant & risking a unborn baby's life again. Birth, from an unexpected pregnancy I can deal with, an inevitable :-( miscarriage is another story.

i am in the same boat, kind of. ?
i have the Paragard IUD and i have continued to have very heavy periods with some clots, and i get a period every 2 weeks. and they last for at least 7 LONG DREADFUL days. However, I got a period or what i thought was a period in January, it was very light, so no need for tampon, and didnt last long at all. I then got another one 2 weeks later, this one however was different, it was light at first and brown, and then one day I got really bad cramps and when i stood up to go to the restroom, i felt something come out so i ran to the restroom and i had a huge clot and lots of bright red blood soaked thru panties and super tampon. but the clot wasnt like the ones i am used to having. i had this happen to me a few times that day, i had to end up buying new panties and pants for work. i told my doctor and that i thought i was a miscarry and so i went in, he checked to see if my iud was there and it was in place so he said it probably wasnt a miscarry, but did no kind of testing. Now, a week later, i am still cramping and having a watery discharge (almost to the point to where it feels like i have peed my pants) with a smell, but it isnt a fishy smell, i cant describe the smell.

i am needing some advise or help on this situation. please if anyone has experinced this or knows anything, let me hear your input!
thanks

Ive had one also they say that it is rare but the women center said they see it all the time. girls need to know this its bad