I had a miscarriage and I am so hurt by it. I wanted to have this baby so much and now it is gone. I feel like my world has stopped. Can someone tell me why this does happen to some women? Was it my fault? I really need to know why.

I am sorry to hear about your loss and I understand that you are going to a difficult period. Miscarriage can leave us really shaken as the anticipation of having a baby suddenly turns to grief over a loss. Many feel guilty even if the miscarriage occurs during the early weeks or months of the pregnancy, they feel like it was their fault. They feel like something that they did provoke the miscarriage. It is important for you to realize that miscarriages are rarely triggered by factors under your control. Almost 30% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Half of them occur before the woman even realizes she is pregnant. The fortunate fact is that most women who miscarry can become pregnant again and give birth to a healthy baby. If you want to try again, work with your doctor to learn the reason for the miscarriage and to plan future pregnancies. Bleeding from the vagina during pregnancy suggests the possibility of miscarriage and this bleeding is usually light. If it persists or increases, the chances of losing the baby are higher. Cramping or low backache, usually develops at some point after the bleeding has started and some women experience severe abdominal pain and dizziness. If you are blaming yourself for the loss of your baby you need to stop with that. I am sure that you will conceive again and that everything will be ok.