How is it possible to be pregnant after having a miscarriage??

How soon after?

When a woman has a miscarriage or an abortion her hormones have no reset back to normal soon after and will still test positive for a pregnancy test.

I have read and heard of some ppl getting preg 2 wks after miscarriage, but more likely 6-8 wks. you dont have to wait for your period to resume..what im saying is its possible to ovulate before the next period. I would wait 1 cycle depending on how far along you are. by 4-6 wks your levels should be back to 0

okay thing is I had my daughter last year Jan she was preemy...she passed away that following Feb...I had a miscarriage the following May....then I had a miscarriage "Supposedly" that august...now I'm 6 months pregnant...so could I have still had that same sacrum...with 2 pregnancies??...I say that because I bled for about 2 days maybe 3 can't remember and I kept going to get blood test to see if my hormones were rising and. Was told that they may go up and down....but I'm really not understanding????

I'm saying the ultra sound were actually something there but very little and white so me or the doctor didn't know if the sac was from the miscarriage....or a new pregnancy...so as my due date is may 23 2011......my other question is how accurate are ultra sounds??

ultrasounds are fairly accurate! I mean your best bet is too wait awhile and get checked again..or get a 2nd opinion!

My question is could it have been a new sac or the old one from the miscarriage I was only bleeding the sac was still there after I was bleeding so is it possible to not have even had a miscarriage or what??

well..since I dont know what your levels were like, or if they dropped all the way then I dont have an answer. I mean when you miscarry they should ONLY go down, and when ur preg only go up! it may have been the miscarriage didnt complete, or maybe it absorbed back into you or whatever. that can happen!
Anyways you say ur pregnant now?? I would just be happy you are pregnant.

They were at 2000 and went down to 500....while bleeding Aug 15-20 maybe...can't remember but in Sept they were up at 700 then the second blood test they were atv12000....so I don't know....

so your doc didnt monitor until they went to 0?? wow. my doc wanted me there every other day to check on my levels. it sounds like you miscarried for sure, there is no reason it should drop to 500!! which is kinda low (not nearly as low and mine though..which was only 25) so you must have ovulated and got pregnant RIGHT AFTER! congradulations!

No he wouldn't see me until 6 weeks later they onky see you 6 weeks after a miscarriage I told him I was in pain and it felt as if I were pregnant and he just gave me some ibuprofen for the pain and said its the rest of tge sacrum coming out... so I'm just going to go to the doc and go over my records from the doctor that told me I was...and ill get back....Thanks for tge little advice

yah if I were you I would be seeking a 2nd opinion..my doc told me they needed to monitor until levels reached below 5! so that is suprising they said that too you...dont take no for an answer!

Lol Thanks I appreciate your advice and help!!!! I should reply back with what I would be told either Monday or Tuesday....be looking dor me :$

what were you told??