I am very regular with my periods, 28 days. I was 16 days late but the home test showed neg. I have only missed a period with my two previous preg. I have a IUD incerted as well. I started spotting and cramping mildly on the 18 days after my period was due, and passed a very small whitish toilet tissue looking thing. My OB/GYN said i did not miscarry because the test was neg. and becuz of the iud. she did not repeat the test. I think strongly that i miscarried am i right? It's a month later since i suspected that i miscarried and I am still spotting. I went back to Dr. ob/GYN prescribed norethisterone 10mg for 10 days. I was sexually active at ovulation. and also drank alot of coffee that month. I also has the Flu.

please help, I am depressed about this

It sounds like you WANT to be pregnant, but you have an iud...?

They are highly effective against preventing pregnancy. As for the abnormal periods.... many things could be causing that and id make an appointment with an ob nurse to have her explain the contraception your using and your concerns about miscariage and even the possibility of conveiving while using it.

Its important for women to understand these things so that they dont end up going through what you are right now, just dont be afraid to keep asking questions until You are satisfied!!

Good luck.

There are many people out there with an IUD whose periods have completly stopped...I had an Mirena IUD in place for about 4 years and there were months where I didnt have a period.and if I did by chance it was for only a day or two and was very light...I was also very regular before my IUD was inserted...I wouldnt worry about it....There is a very slight chance for pregnancy although, but that is very rare.....What could be so bad about not haveing a period for 5 years???

for the past 3 weeks , I've been feeling pregnant, neg testing, negatif blood test , but still feeling pregnant, really sick all day tired as hell!!!! doctors were saying you are not pregnant , since the results were negative plus I have a mirena , well guess what , 2 days ago I miscarried , and for those of you who are saying that it is impossible to get pregnant with a iud well think again , I wished that you would have been all right when I had that little baby ( smaller than an inch ) in my hand 2 days agos , and for all of you who are feeling pregnant and test neg well go for an ultrasound 3 % of women do get pregnant , and sometimes that 3 % is you

three weeks ago, i felt like i was pregnant. i set up a appointment to see my obgyn. he did a pap test and ultra sound. he saw nothing. just to be in the safe side he removed my iud. he sent me to get a beta test. the next day i received a call that i was pregnant. that following night i started bleeding. i called my dr and he said to just get some rest. the next day they sent me for another blood test. the test came back that i was either never pregnent or miscarried. i went from a 39 on the beta test to below a 0. my dr has know idea what happen. beleive me when i say it is possible getting pregnant with iud. well it's a week later and i'm bleeding again. nut its not like a period. just becareful and do your research if you decide to get the iud.

My sister wore the IUD for 2 years and got pregnant anyways. It was inserted correctly and was able to work as a birth control method for two years but then one day it wasn't enough. She was more than a month pregnant when she found out that she was. Because she was wearing an IUD she didn't want to believe the symptoms. I would say get a blood test and find out.