i was "sucka punched" in my upper lip on a saturday night, today is monday and the swelling isnt going down. i have braces and my lip got caught into the braces. i've applied with no relief. what else is there to do to help reduce the swelling?

Hi:
I'm sorry to hear about your encounter. If your lip was cut by the braces, I don't think that the swelling would have necessarily gone down by now. In addition, you might have to be concerned about infection. I think that you should be seen by a medical professional to prevent any further problems. You would also want your lip to heal properly so you won't have any future cosmetic problems. Have it checked to be sure that there aren't any unseen complications. Let us know what you find out and how you are doing,.

The swelling probably won't go down for a bit unless you've applied ice to it. Beyond that, it sounds like you've injured your lip and the swelling won't go down for awhile. Please keep us posted if anything changes, and contact your doctor if you start to experience any symptoms beyond swelling like pain or anything else, because with braces, you could run the risk of infection. Thanks!

How is the lip doing today? Does the swelling appear to be going down? Do you see any damage that might be related to the braces? Please let us know what you are seeing now. Did you see a doctor or are you just going to give it a few days? We want to hear from you. Take care and please get back to us very soon.

I had a similar situation. Except my top front teeth bit into my bottom lip on the inside. It seems to be healing okay, except the swelling hasn't gone down and its been almost a week. I still wake up in the morning to my lip hurting. It sort of looks like I am chewing dip.. Is the swelling normal until my lip heals itself fully? I don't smoke cigarettes and I eat pretty healthy. I am just concerned for cosmetic reasons. I don't wanna look like i am chewing dip for the rest of my life. Should I keep putting ice on it? Is there any over the counter medications to help with the swelling? Please let me know. Thanks!

Tell me healthnfitnessguy how long would you say it takes or what could i do for a similiar situation i had tho I did not havebraces. I got punched in the lip and it got really swollen and it was black inside dint go away for weeks but now 5 months later I see that the upper part of my lip looks swollen. i would aprecciate yo comments thank you..

Hello about two months ago a friend of mine accidentally elbowed my lower lip and now on yhe inside of my lip there is abubble and it wontgo away. What do I do its been here for 2 1/2months!

Hi. I have the same problem! Did yours go away eventually?

same Problem here any comments

I got punched in my top lip and swelling not gone down for a year what can I do