Few days ago when I looked my self in the mirror after waking up I was shocked. I saw a big pimple and my lip was swollen because of it. What do you think cause this? Maybe I got it from my boyfriend.

I can not diagnose you this way. However, it seems to me that you have oral herpes. Oral herpes, also known as cold sores affects people all over the world. The virus responsible for oral herpes is Herpes simplex 1 and once you have contracted it, you have it for life. I know that this sounds brutal but it is a fact. However, you need to know that the virus will be latent most of the time. You will experience outbreaks in the form of a rash around the mouth area. That will develop into blisters which then turn into a dry scab. This process takes about 5 days but varies from person to person. If you want to know for sure that this is your case, you need to go to your doctor. I wish you all the best.

Are you a doctor because you sound like a complete id**t. Herpes is an open cold sore...not a zit! Dude you just have a zit that caused your lip to swell my friend is experiencing the same thing right now. We are trying to figure out if there is anything to reduce the swelling or anything but no luck so far.

I too have 2 small pimples but quite painful, and as a result my damn top lip is swollen, i squeezed one yesterday then the swelling went down, i guess thats what happens to some people,

I am experiencing this right now as well, a big pimple on the top right corner of my lip, and it has swelled it up quite a lot. I tried Icing it to reduce the swelling but nothing worked. Unfortunately the pimple is too deep into the skin in which I cannot pop it, so I guess all I can do is wait until it goes away or moves towards the top of the skin so it can be popped.

I got the same thing.
For the last two days, i had a huge zit on my lip.
I woke up today and my lip was 4x its usual size around the zit.
Its numb and the numbness seems to be spreading and everything!
The chances i got bit by a spider on my lip in the same area as the zit is very unlikey although i diid stay on a farm last night, so i have to atribute the symptoms to the zit... ?
Could be an ingrown hair, i guess...
ima have to goto the walk-in if it gets worse but this made me feel a bit better :-P
Its gone down tho, by about 50%, to 200% ^^

I HAVE HUGE ZIT ON MY LIP TOO AND IT HURTZ SO BAD...I CANT POP IT AND NOTHING HLPS NE IDEAS

They gave me 3 prescriptions. (two antibiotics: Rifamanpin and Clindamycin) and (an oral steroid (Dexamethasone). The doctor seems to think that this is a potent treatment combination for the pain, the swelling, and the healing.

8PM. It is 8PM when I am writing this, so this is the current state. This mornings pain killer is going away. Just hope that I sleep better tonight.

Too bad I can't post the pic taken just yesterday." hspace="10" vspace="10">

Just let it be ;-) it happens somethimes i got it right nowand had it somethimes before it happens when you got a zit on your lip and you pop it, that makes the bacteria spread. I live in a cold country so its realy pain in the as to get one cuz my lip that has swolen gets very dry but DO NOT wet your lips with you saliva it onlymakes it worst just let it be and it wil be gone after few days :-D

wow. it seems we all are going through this. i had a pimple on my right bottom lip. then it swelled yesterday to 3xs my lip size. ive putting ice on it for two days. the swelling is not as bad but not really gone away. i did pop it yesterday thinking that woudl work but of course not. what a christmas.

I've had this small bump below my lip that seems like it is filled with puss deep below the skin. I've tried to pop it but nothing happened. I even tried poking it with a needle but had no luck. I'ts been there for about a week and i woke up this morning and the whole side of my lip that the zit was on is completely swollen and numb. PLEASE any advice?????

im having the same problem i had a zit on my lip that was tiny i tried to pop it then when i woke up i look as if ive been punched anyone find anything out yet??

heyy..i am also goin thru the same condition.and that is the reason mainly i ended up in this blog after a thorough browsing.But my problem is i hav a pimple not on my lips but below my left bottom lip. And my lips (bottom)has been swollen for the past 2 days. It becomes worse when i wake up in the morning. I hope its just an acne problem and nothong else.

well

Im glad to hear Im not alone. I got what appeared to be a white zit on my lip tuesday that was painful and tender. Listening a some friend I was convinced I had a cold sore( herpes type 1), so I bought cold sore ointment. But I decided to go to the walk in clinic the same day. The doctor told me he thought he believed it was a staph infection or some sort of bacterial infection. He put me on antibiotics. HOwever, he wanted to make sure it wasnt a cold sore, although he did not believe it was, he did a culture. I am awaiitng the results and I am so nervous. I feel a little better today as im realizing I cant change what the possiblities are although it still makes me feel bad when I dwell on it. I cant help but to think it may be a cold sore, although it didnt resemble the typical description. The zit is just about gone.

Yeah, same story here... had a zit right below my bottom lip, but it was too deep to get. I tried anyway and this morning, after finally popping the sucker I realised my lip was swollen. I'm sure now that the zit is gone it'll go back down in a day or so as long as I leave it alone. If not I'll report back.

Nice to know this has happened to a few of you... and that I'm not undergoing some weird transformation into a hideous monster. Thank goodness I went out shopping yesterday... I'd hate to go out in public with this thing. Time to curl up with some chicken soup and video games I suppose.