Hi. My lips are too big and I want them reduced. Does anybody know something about lip reduction? What are risks of such procedure? How long does it take? What is the price for lip reduction?

Hi. I had a lip reduction. It takes some 30 minutes to be performed. I was feeling groggy from the anesthetic. I had to sleep on two pillows for two weeks to keep my head elevated. First 3 days after the procedure my face was swollen and there was some bruising. No worries, all this will disappear. I was feeling discomfort for several weeks after lip reduction because I had to be very careful with what I eat - nothing raw for you after lip reduction. I had to rinse with Listerine few times a day. Possible risks include asymmetry, numbness, hematoma, seroma, infection, excess scar tissue, lumps (very rare) and, of course, dissatisfaction. Asymmetry can be corrected easily. Average price for lip reduction is from $900-2000.

I JUST READ YOUR POST AND I WOULD LIKE TO NKOW WHERE DID YOU
GET IT DONE AND BY WHO. CAUSE ME TOO I CONSIDER HAVING A LIPS AND NOSE REDUCTION. ARE YOU LIVING IN THE NEWYORK AREA. HOW MUCH THAT WAS COST YOU.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOU PRECIOUS IMFORMATION

Cost me $2700 + $800 for general anasthesia + tax = $3600. :-D

Great doctor in Annapolis, MD. Only got 2/3 lip reduction done as he was afraid of making look abnormal. :-P But, I told him my red lips are abnormal already. So, remove them completely and I will not be abnormal. :$ In February he will decide if more reduction is needed. No symmetry. Had it done 3 weeks ago. Everything A-ok so far. Have to go back on February 19th 2008 for checkup. Will try to get zero lips then. :-D

Please read my posts in 'Anyone tried the lip reduction surgery'

:-( That´s a lot of money for a lip reduction...which is actually a simple procedure, no offense but your doctor is really after your cash. Unbelievable!!!! general anesthesia?. I know a lot of plastic surgeons who has done this procedure but in your case that´s a nightmare doctor and he even want to see if a 2nd op is necessary. Sorry it just makes me angry! :-(

Guest, you're right ... the price is too high ... however, I had lip surgery done 15 years ago ... and I got disfigured in the sense that he did asymmetry ...

But, look at what Schimek wrote ... Possible risks include asymmetry, numbness, hematoma, seroma, infection, excess scar tissue, lumps (very rare) and, of course, dissatisfaction. Asymmetry can be ...

I'd rather pay more than get hit with a problem ...

Karen1403 ... Yes, I had before and after pictures ... but the doctor's assistant kept in the files ...

would it be possible if you could show me the before and after pictures.....my son is desperate to have his lips reduced but getting a before and after picture seems to be very hard to get.....can you help?

Got it done in India... the cost was around 500 dollars for the surgery of 1 lip reduction alone....I did rhinoplasty too..altogether it was 2200( all medical expenses + stay + food for 2 weeks) + 1200 for the flight ticket from LA to India ....

Dr Rakesh Kalra is a very professional and senior surgeon with plenty of experience. His facility is in a modest town of Dehradun about 200 miles from the capital city of Delhi.

Hello, I am planning a trip to Dr. Rakesh Kaira for surgery. Desperately wanting to talk with someone who has gone already. Will you please email me directly? _[removed]_ Thank you soooooo much!

Has anyone gone to the Arshiwad Hospital in India and been treated by Dr. Rakesh Kaira. I would love to hear about your experience. Planning to go there soon myself. Please email me directly. _[removed]_ Thank you. Elaina1

I think my sister paid less then that with dr. jose luis salas

I ask my sister for the price and she told me she paid like a thousand dollars but she paid for the consultation because the doctor wanted to see her first

Is any of that covered by private insurance at all or does it have to be non-elective surgery? I thik that is a lot of money to have to pay for a consultation.

For the consultation is only $50dlls and I think they used some financial group you have to call them or se their site at clinica de cirugia cosmetica

So do you mean that they give you a loan to get the surgery? I am unfamiliar with this so you'll have to forgive all my questions. I am not too sure of it all :)