So about 3 weeks ago, i noticed this small hard lump near the top of my left hip in my abdomen. Over the past few weeks its been getting larger and now extends top a little below the bottom of my hip, almost to my pelvic bone. I went to my doctor and she said it was my intestines sticking out because i'm so thin (i'm a 15 year old girl and i'm active and healthy and i weigh 101 pounds and i'm 5'1). She said if it persists or gets worse to call an OBGYN. It's getting worse and if I lay on my left side a certain way i get a shooting pain through my left leg. Sometimes my lower left back and left hip hurt but no where else does. I'm really scared and I don't know if there's a history of anyting like this in my family because i was adopted when i was born and it's a closed adoptin so i can't find out. I'm really scared and i think it's starting to scare my family too, but when i went to the doctor (about a week ago) she said i was fine (she even took my blood). Was she right or is something wrong with me?

Change your doctor immediately and get some medical attention. I would even suggest going to emergency. Get some x-rays or an MRI.

Regards,
Dan
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am a 43 year old male and have a lump or should i say a tube like ball above my left hip bone. I hate going to the dr. so im trying to find out what it is first and if its life threatening. I get pain occasionally, and when i cough. but it just keeps getting bigger. plz if anyone kows what this is let me know so i can take care of it accordingly thx MC

It could be a tumor, like a fatty lipoma which tend to be fast growing but not cancerous. Surgical removal is recommended because they can get pretty big and crowd out tissue or put pressure on nerves.

I'm a female 34 yrs old size 6 and 5'5 tall. Two weeks ago I noticed a tube shaped lump under my left hip bone near my pelvic area. Scared I made an appointment to see my doctor within the first week of having noticed it. Just by feeling it he was sure that it is a benign neoplasm (non-malingnant tumor). He explained that it's not malingnant because it's incapsulated. He gave me a referral to see a surgeon as tumors grow and can put pressure on the surrounding nurves and could burst too. I am already feeling discomfort kinda like the pressure he mentioned and at times my left leg feels a little numb. I have my appoint with the surgeon in 30 days so I hope the discomfort does not worsen. For now my doctor advised I take Ibuprofen for the pain.