My left hip was replaced several years ago, I have always dealt with chronic pain while sitting as if there was something pushing on a nerve or muscle. My left hip was done at a very early age, and as such has had to be revised several times. I'm just wondering if anyone else deals with pain while sitting, and is relieved when they stand up, but during the course of the day, the hip becomes sore and painful.

Thanks

I had my right hip replaced three years ago. I could always feel a bit of discomfort when I lay on my right side at night, but in the last three weeks, I have been having lots of discomfort in my hip constantly. It's like a burning sensation accompanied by an ache. Anyone else having such a problem?

Yes, I presently have the same symptom of pain while sitting. The pain starts and then gets worse and worse. Standing or lying down flat on my back relieves this pain. I am the recipient of a hip replacement and have had a revision by a top surgeon. So, I am feeling at a loss as to what is generating this pain. It happens consistently and made my last plane trip a nightmare. I exercise regularly and am stretched and limber so not only is this pain an enigma, but a source of frustration.

I had 2 left hip surgeries one in 8/12/09 and I had a revision done 8/01/12 I'm still having pain in my left hip and i can NOT lay on my left side without excruciating pain. I have numbness also on that side my doctor have send me to a hernia doctor , back doctor, nerve doctor and a bone doctor. Al have said everything is ok but the pain is so bad at times.the pain truly causes me to suffer. I'm so depressed and frustrated all the time life is no fun anymore and it hasn't been in 3 years.Now my lower back begins to hurt now.

I thought I had just written this note for I too have this seemingly neuritic pain when sitting which once started grows to the point of excruciation. I too have had both hips replaced and my first one at a young age so that it too was revised about three years ago. It was only after this revision that this pain while sitting began. My surgeon is one of the best in the world and for many years he was just legendary. I believe in him not just because of his reputation but because I have known him for such a long time. However, he is refusing to accept responsibility. My daughter in law is an orthopedist and she is furious I am having such pain. She wants me to do further tests. So, I just do not know what to do at this point and where to go. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello Ken; I know it has been over a yr since your post, however I just stumbled across it now. My heart is going out to you, I too know how pain can lead to depression. I am suffering greatly as well, I just want you to know you are not alone and that someone is thinking of you at this moment. How are you today? Have you found any relief? Please keep reaching out and talking, for it helps one mentally and emotionally; and hey you never know you just may stumble across someone who can help you! God speed my friend.