At the end of the right clavicle it is larger than the left and towards the end of it appears to have a hard lump. The other clavicle has a hard lump like this but it is smaller than the right.

Hi. Once I received a bump in the same area around my clavicle bone and I had no idea what this could be. The lump was firm and not mobile at all and looked like a big pimple which could not be popped out. I even noticed some redness around it. When I put pressure on it, it wouldn’t hurt. Such a weird thing. I went to see my doctor and he asked if I had noticed any other symptoms beside this bump, which I had not. Then he asked a few more questions and it turned out it was just a cat’s scratch. I would never tell. I do have kittens at home and it must have been one of them chanced to scratch me at this place. He explained me that this is called a Cat Scratch Disease which is an acute infection caused by a bacteria, Bartonella henselae, that is transmitted from cats to humans as the result of a scratch or bite. Within a few days of a scratch or bite, one-third of patients with cat scratch disease will develop a bump or ulcer at the site. The lump could be removed surgically and could be also biopsied. You just go make the appt with the doctor who will evaluate this lump.

I have had a right shoulder rotator cuff repair as well as a tri-level cervical vertebral fusion with titanium plate. The first time I noticed my lump was about one year ago and I was quite alarmed. I went to my internist who had x-rays done and she said it was nothing to worry about. Well, I still worried since there was no answer to what it was. I talked to my surgeon that had performed both shoulder and neck repair. He said that sometime the clavicle (collar bone) can luxate out and away from the sternum connection causing the appearance of a lump or bulge. Mine does not hurt until I do a lot of pushing or pulling on the right side, then it is irritated and the bone connection becomes sore. My surgeon said that there is usually no need to do anything to repair the condition. If it gets worse or painful regualrly they can go in and use screws to move the bone end back in place. It is not always successful since there isn't much to "grab onto" at that point of the clavicle. When I first felt the lump, I thought it was a tumor or something. It was nice to finally find someone that could put my mind at rest.

wondering if you found out anything about your clavicle. its weird the right side of my clavicle seems larger than the left

I have the same bump and I just googled "Sternum Bump" and this website came up
pediatric-orthopedics.com/Topics/Bones/Thorax/thorax.html

It basicaly says that it is your xiphoid which sticks out in skinnier people and young children but it could be a tumor

The xiphoid is at the bottom of the sternum, the clavicle is at the top. The bump they are talking about is on the clavicle.

Check out Condensing osteitis of the clavicle
It is a benign idiopathic condition affecting the medial end of the clavicle, and is characterised by sclerosis and expansion of the clavicular head

Check out condensing osteitis of the clavicle.

It is a benign idiopathic condition affecting the medial end of the clavicle, and is characterised by sclerosis and expansion of the clavicular head.

Its fairly rare, but seems to fit a number of the symptoms; I know it fits all of mine.

Joanin it sounds like you have had some experience with this, although it is quite rare. I wonder what the chances are that the same person who posted on here awhile back has the same condition that you do? The symptoms sound like they match so it sounds like it's good that the internet is here to help people with some rare condition and help to cure it too. Does anyone else have something like this?

I was extremely concerned when I first noticed the lump, especially with the cancer history in my family.

I hadn't notice the age of the other posts until after I posted, but I hope they haven't gone through a lot of unnecessary worry or medical procedures.

i have a bump on my clavical area.. alittle lower and it sorta feels like muscle.. im much stronger on that side. but of course my mom is making me do xrays and mris and everything possible lol... doesnt hurt to be sure i guess

About 6 months ago I noticed that the left clavical was getting larger than the right. At first I thought it was just my imagination, but it is continuing to get larger. There is no pain, just a kind of weird sensation in that area from time to time. The knot is hard and bulges out. I am scheduled for an x-ray and sonogram of the area on Wednesday. I have never broken or dislocated my collarbone. I will let you know the outcome of my x-rays.

How did your xray go I just got this bump a day ago its bothering me...

I have the same condition. I've been to 3 doctors. None know what it is. My collarbone seems inflamed as well. The pain is tolerable but troublesome.
I want an answer but no one seems to know what's wrong since nothing shows up on xray or MRI.

I have a lump on the end of my left clavical also. There is no pain and I have no idea how long it has been there. I noticed it when I got sun burned. I was sent to have an xray, ct scan and a MRI...also blood work. The doctor has no idea what it is. He said if it grows larger to have another scan done but he thinks it is not cancerous. ?????? still worried.